Blue eyes in colt.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucker

Reaction score
I got a Colt hes about 7 months old I got him off of a friend of mine. Im not good with colors so what would he be hes got big blaze almost balled face with light blue eyes hes got 1 white sock in back legs his color is a blood bay hes beautiful his father is solid black his mother is solid dark bay.wondering what he is overo, splash.now i do know on his dam side her sire is a buckskin overo with blue eyes.so im wondering if he is overo if he is will this colts foals have white on there face or ect.

With the bald face and blue eyes more than likely he is Splash.. BUT he could also be frame or both, so if he is to be used for breeding then definitely test him for LWO. If you want to know out of curiosity, you can test him for LWO, if he comes back negative then he is for sure splash, if he comes back positive then he is for sure frame, but still does not rule out splash as well..

As far as face color on foals he sires, it's still a toss up like any other crossing. My old pintaloosa herdsire had a bald face and two blue eyes, all of his foals had some face white, from just a few hairs to an entire bald face.

He could deffinately be LWO positive or carry Splash or BOTH. There is no way to tell if he is LWO positive without testing. If he tests negative then you know it is from splash. I have a mare that is sorrel, bald face, blue eyes, a few white socks, she is LWO positive and may very well carry splash too, but there is no way to tell (sire carried both, sired foals that were blue eyed white markings LWO+ and Blue eyed white markings that were LWO- ).

Well I did find out that his sire is LWO positive.and he hides it well solid black with very little white on face.so this colt does have overo on both sides.I will get pics as soon as i can we are having bad weather right now.yes I will have colt tested for the LWO.

Latest posts

Back