Black horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobey

Reaction score
I have a yearling that I expect will turn grey. He was born pitch black and his dam is grey. So far no color change but last fall/winter and now this fall his mane and coat look brown. In the summer he is black as can be. Is this something that happens with all black horses? I would have thought in the summer the sun might do that, not in the fall/winter. Just curious

Hi-

My black gelding changes color during the year. He has his winter coat right now and is pitch black. He'll be clipped Monday as he is going to Ocala to a show (well is only going to be sold). I have a feeling he'll be a shade of brownish gray. In the summer he is really black when he is clipped. You just never know.

Barbie

My Sam was coal black at 2. He has changed to a rose color in the spring to a smotty color in the fall. He is now 7 and a beautiful charcol dapple with a white face. You are probably going to be surprise every month and each color is more beautiful than the last. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back