Black Friday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
So yesterday was black Friday, and after going shopping at 10 AM for several hours, I am tired. I found some good deals, saved a ton of money, but I guess there were a lot of problems up here.

Someone got a gun pointed in her face as two people took her X-Box 360 she spent 581 dollars on (a paycheck worth of money).

A woman got punched in the face trying to get into Walmart

People got trampled and sent to the hospital.

What is this world coming to?

I saw some of that on the news last night....just terrible what people will do! That is why I don't shop at all those days! Not worth getting hurt over anything just to save a few $$ (JMHO)
no.gif

C & C Farms said:
I saw some of that on the news last night....just terrible what people will do!  That is why I don't shop at all those days!  Not worth getting hurt over anything just to save a few $$ (JMHO) 
no.gif

506918[/snapback]

Your right. I would never go out on black friday just to save some money.
no.gif

MiniSeasons said:
So yesterday was black Friday, and after going shopping at 10 AM for several hours, I am tired. I found some good deals, saved a ton of money, but I guess there were a lot of problems up here.
Someone got a gun pointed in her face as two people took her X-Box 360 she spent 581 dollars on (a paycheck worth of money).

A woman got punched in the face trying to get into Walmart

People got trampled and sent to the hospital.

What is this world coming to?

506901[/snapback]

All in the name of the season.... scary

Kendra said:
Black Friday?  Should I know what you guys are talking about? 
wacko.gif

506993[/snapback]

It's called Black Friday because it is supposedly the day that retailers get their books "in the black" -- as in they are finally making money. (red is used for negative balances) It's the biggest shopping day of the year.

Or maybe it is called black friday because it is a good day to go out and get black bruises from all the pushing and shoving that goes on
biggrin.gif
Not worth it, for sure! Personally I would rather wait for the after christmas sales and get more for my money!
yes.gif
Old Scrooge here, saying it has become too much about the material things and not much more.
wink.gif
I will say I had a blast picking out a gift as Secret Santa. Buying for someone just for the fun of it, and not even knowing them really made my day. Going back through her posts to see if I could get clues as to what she liked or collected made it even more fun.
yes.gif
Mary

yankee_minis said:
Kendra said:
Black Friday?  Should I know what you guys are talking about? 
wacko.gif

506993[/snapback]

It's called Black Friday because it is supposedly the day that retailers get their books "in the black" -- as in they are finally making money. (red is used for negative balances) It's the biggest shopping day of the year.

507005[/snapback]

Last edited by a moderator:
Has NEVER crossed my mind to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving!

There is NO WAY. (I don't deal well with crowds.)

MA

I have never been shoping on Black Friday..............Are they really that may good deals???? I really thought about it this time, but had a call that someone wanted to come look at a donkey I had for sale, so I decided to stay home!!!!

When I worked for Wal-Mart we would sit in the back and watch the people come running in, pushing and shoving all the while. Amazed me how we can instantly become animals. Have seen fights and threats and you sure dont turn your back on your buggy! You would think that men would be the worst, but the women were.

Dont think there is a sale good enough for me to endure that LOL

No black Friday for me either, I stayed home and had a very good Friday! I don't mind crowds, but that kind drives me nuts
wacko.gif

Now if it had been a horse sale with some good horses and good prices.... I'da knocked you outta the way!
biggrin.gif

We went out to one store this year but that was it. I normally dont go, cant stand the crowds.

The people we all ran into were nice however. We did have to stand in line a hour just to check out.

Oh yes what we call up here "Black-eye Friday"...it get so rediculous!!
rolleyes.gif
Not only were the stores full of crowds, but the traffic getting out and about was horrendous!!! Geez!!
wacko.gif

This is why i love my small town life!

We drove by Wal Mart on our way to a sale Friday and it wasnt packed at all really, this was around 7am to. It wasnt bad at all ..i wonder if the WalMart website had them sales ..wouldnt that be much easier and healthier????

Leeana

I noticed that several stores had their sale prices available online (but I noticed AFTER the sales were over, duh!)

I hate crowds like that, not worth it to me.

I've worked in retail a total of five years now and ever since I got into it, for the most part, Christmas has lost much of it's charm. There were years when I was just thankful it was over with, which is a shame since it's my favorite holiday. (I'm one of those people you can hear Christmas music blaring in the car as I go down the road in July.)

This year is shaping up as one of those years where everyone has that panic-frenzied look like a pack of starved dogs let loose in a butcher shop. It's really strange to hear happy holiday muzak in the stores and then some mom yelling and smacking her child ten feet away, or how ugly people get on the roadways and in the parking lots.

Last year I decided to take back my holiday and I made most of my gifts and got the bulk of my shopping done ahead of time. (Buying a present here or there throughout the year helped a lot too.) Let me be the first to say not setting foot in a mall at Christmastime made my holiday! This year it's goody baskets all around. It seems like we all have too much trinkets anyway and at least no one has to dust and maintain a plate a home made cookies.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back