Bilateral Paralysis of the larynx

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
The following was forwarded to me by the AMHA office and asked if I would post to see if anyone could help this person's vet with your experience, if any, in this condition:

"bilateral paralysis of the larynx in a mini filly aged 10 months with near to total obstruction of airways

anybody know of another case ???

filly has undergone a tracheotomy and has temporarily recovered and further treatment is surgery but as the mini is so young, there is much discussion about how to intervene

little horse belongs to a friend and she wants to find out any clinic in usa (or elsewhere) that has had such a case and could send literature or share experience with her vet

if you have any info, please contact [email protected]"

Tony,

I have forwarded the request to my vet. Hopefully others can cut and paste and also forward to their vet. We can reach many vets in a very short period of time and perhaps find some help.

Hope to hear that help was found.

Tony, I forwarded this to our Cornell University center nearby. Maybe they can help with some answers?

Latest posts

Back