Best cures for the runs, suggestions please.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would also recommend trying bio-sponge. If you get the dry version of it (you'd mix it up and use large dosing syringes to administer), the tub will last forever. It's messy to mix up until you get the hang of it, though.

Jill,

Thank you for the suggestion. We went tru one whole cotainer of the stuff since she came. And that stuff works great!!!!! But I wanted to share my trick for biosponge. Put it is apllesauce with brown sugar and they eat it up. Well, everyone but her. LOL! Make it was less messy.

Thank you Jill!

Ellen

I have heard coconut is great for intestinal upsets. Not sure what form is best and the amounts- shredded or oil might be the easiest to buy.

Glad to hear that it is working Ellen.

The coconut stuff comes in all forms. I have seen the pills, chips (like choc chips), oil, paste, lotion. Just about any way you can find it. My aunt makes a shake by adding a tablespoon of the paste every morning. Her son (my cousin) had extreme eczyma and once she started making him a shake each morning it all went away. After years of trying other remedies. He would also use the coconut lotion too.

Here is the site where she gets alot of her stuff. http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/virgin_coconut_oil.htm

Julie,

Thank you so much for the post and link. I am headed to her site now. Does she sell the paste?

Thank you!

Ellen

My aunt doesnt sell the stuff, that link is just where she has found the best deal buying it.

She told me that you can also find it at Whole Foods or other health food stores.

The paste is called a cream on this website I think. It is like the consistency of warm margarine or butter.

Julie,

I went to the site, and I ordered a ton of stuff! Thank you so much. I also got the paste, All mine love it, so it generally is not hard to give, but paste would be good for Annie.

So, thank you very much. Any other info you have is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ellen

Glad to help out Ellen
default_smile.png
I will post here if I think of anything else.

Latest posts

Back