Barbaro update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdtexas

Reaction score
Barbaro Continues in Stable Condition

by Blood-Horse Staff

Date Posted: July 26, 2006

Last Updated: July 26, 2006

Barbaro, had bandage on left hind foot changed Tuesday.

Barbara D. Livingston

Classic winner Barbaro underwent another bandage change on his left hind foot Tuesday and Dr. Dean Richardson reports that the colt remains in stable condition at the intensive care unit of the University of Pennsylvania's George D. Widener Hospital.

"I'm happy with the appearance of this foot, which is doing as well as can be expected," Richardson said of the foot in which Barbaro has experienced a bout of laminitis. "Over the last several days, his temperature has been normal and his blood work has significantly improved suggesting that the infection in his right hind is under control."

Richardson, chief of surgery at the New Bolton Center, also reported the colt's heart rate is also consistently normal now, a good indication that he is stable and comfortable.

Winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) for trainer Michael Matz and the Lael Stables of Roy and Gretchen Jackson, Barbaro has been at New Bolton since suffering an injury to his right rear leg during the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).

Copyright © 2006 The Blood-Horse, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

This is such great news. I have Barbaro in my prayers every day. I check

the web site for Penn. State every day, their next update will be tomorrow.

Their site said about the same thing. Prayers continued for Barbaro.

Vicky

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Whoohoo!!! That's great news, thanks for sharing that. I hadn't been folllowing it since they said he only had a 50/50 chance!

Latest posts

Back