Bad new habit!!!! Pawing at her feed dish

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think in Legend's case, it's just loving a hay party on the floor...
default_thumbdown.gif
default_giveup.gif
default_torch.gif

Foxhaven, I don't know if its ok or not since they don't (as far as I am aware) advertise on LB tho I sent the links privately
default_smile.png
I hope the information on those site will help you make an informed decision on whether slow feed nets are right for your horse's and your situation. I know I love mine, my horses are more content since I began using them (not one spot of chewing on my fences now) and I do not waste hay by seeing it trampled into the bedding/dirt anymore.

I use small hole haynets and have never had a problem with them. They double as slow feeders but have the advantage that I can put nearly a bale in each, which in winter cuts down the time it takes to do all the feeding considerably.

Thanks! I will be getting a hay rack in the mail shortly but will also iinvestigate hay nets.

I use the net from Cinch Chix. I had a horse here for several months that was a manic pawer. He even pawed the water out of the water tub. He ate from the hay net contentedly and I never saw him try to paw it. It hangs on the fence close to the ground, but not ON the ground. I've been told the hay net simulates grazing; maybe that is why he didn't feel the urge to paw it.

Thanks for ALL the great suggestions and info everyone!!!!!

I put up the buckets with the flat backs and with the angle front (easier to reach feed) using the safety hanger/hooks. They are working out great!!!!
default_yes.gif
Now the only problem is that they both back into them to rub their butts (after eating of course), they both are shedding like crazy!!
default_thud.gif
Both buckets are now cracked but function just fine!!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
We put in a corner hay rack when we built our barn last summer and it worked out well all winter for their hay feast!!!!!!!
default_eat.gif

Latest posts

Back