Baby Logan Update - Please help....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camelotcavs

Reaction score
We are creating a web site that will be up soon. Please check for updates at:

www.justiceforlogan.com

I ask that anyone who can please contact the Prosecutor's office and let them know that Travis Davis needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law regarding this tragedy.

Mark E. Reene (01/01)

Courthouse

440 N. State St.

Caro, MI 48723

(989) 672-3900

(989) 673-8612 [Fax]

www.michiganprosecutor.org/tuscola/

Following is the first newspaper account from wnem.com:

Vassar Township Crash Injures 2, Kills Fetus

Investigators Believe Alcohol Is Factor; Driver Failed To Stop At Intersection

POSTED: 2:09 pm EDT September 23, 2008

UPDATED: 2:24 pm EDT September 23, 2008

TUSCOLA COUNTY, Mich. -- Tuscola County sheriff’s deputies are investigating a fatal traffic crash at the intersection of Caine and Brown roads in Vassar Township.

Investigators said around 12:30 a.m. Sunday, a vehicle driven by Travis Davis, 18, of Vassar, failed to stop at the intersection of Brown and Caine roads.

Police said Davis struck a westbound vehicle broadside in the passenger door. That vehicle was being driven by Brian Taylor, 23, of Vassar, and Angella Reynolds, 21, was a passenger in that vehicle.

Reynolds was eight months pregnant and both she and Taylor were transported to Covenant Medical Center.

Hospital administrators later notified sheriff’s deputies that Reynolds' fetus did not survive the accident.

Davis was treated for his injuries and lodged at the Tuscola County Jail and on Monday, the Tuscola County Prosecutor’s Office authorized a two-count warrant for Operating Whiile Intoxicated for causing death to a fetus and OWI causing serious injury.

Both charges are felonies and Davis has been released on bond.

Taylor and Reynolds had to be removed from their vehicle with the Jaws of Life and the crash remains under investigation.

Apparently, according to the story, Travis had alcohol in his blood. Also, it is stated that he has been charged with two felonies. I am wondering if one of them is going to be vehicular manslaughter. Once again, this just proves that alcohol kills. I wish to heck I could understand why people seek alcohol instead of a pepsi or ice tea and then go drive. This boy Travis, according to the blog, seems like the average good kid teen that totally screwed up in a moment of bad judgement. But the fact is that he did use bad judgement, thinking he could make it home under the influence, and now a child is dead. It makes me sick to my stomach that Travis is only 18, and he has messed up his life forever and the lives of his parents as well, but he knew better! My heart goes out to the victims and the mother who had to bury her sweet baby. The days ahead for her will be long, sad, and very hard to get through. I hope she has the strength and support she needs. Just how many more people have to be killed in this big old world of ours before people get it; DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!

I wish I had Travis here before me.

Last edited by a moderator:
How awful!! Those poor parents!
default_no.gif

We are creating a web site that will be up soon. Please check for updates at:www.justiceforlogan.com

I ask that anyone who can please contact the Prosecutor's office and let them know that Travis Davis needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law regarding this tragedy.

Mark E. Reene (01/01)

Courthouse

440 N. State St.

Caro, MI 48723

(989) 672-3900

(989) 673-8612 [Fax]

www.michiganprosecutor.org/tuscola/

Following is the first newspaper account from wnem.com:

Vassar Township Crash Injures 2, Kills Fetus

Investigators Believe Alcohol Is Factor; Driver Failed To Stop At Intersection

POSTED: 2:09 pm EDT September 23, 2008

UPDATED: 2:24 pm EDT September 23, 2008

TUSCOLA COUNTY, Mich. -- Tuscola County sheriff’s deputies are investigating a fatal traffic crash at the intersection of Caine and Brown roads in Vassar Township.

Investigators said around 12:30 a.m. Sunday, a vehicle driven by Travis Davis, 18, of Vassar, failed to stop at the intersection of Brown and Caine roads.

Police said Davis struck a westbound vehicle broadside in the passenger door. That vehicle was being driven by Brian Taylor, 23, of Vassar, and Angella Reynolds, 21, was a passenger in that vehicle.

Reynolds was eight months pregnant and both she and Taylor were transported to Covenant Medical Center.

Hospital administrators later notified sheriff’s deputies that Reynolds' fetus did not survive the accident.

Davis was treated for his injuries and lodged at the Tuscola County Jail and on Monday, the Tuscola County Prosecutor’s Office authorized a two-count warrant for Operating Whiile Intoxicated for causing death to a fetus and OWI causing serious injury.

Both charges are felonies and Davis has been released on bond.

Taylor and Reynolds had to be removed from their vehicle with the Jaws of Life and the crash remains under investigation.

That's just awful! Sorry if I missed something, but are you the grandmother of Logan?

I read this yesterday but didn't really know what to say, I still don't so I will just say how horrible that this has happened and that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Matt,

I had written on an earlier post that Brian is my "heart" child - not mine by birth, but mine in my heart.

He has grown up with my children and been underfoot as long as I can remember.

My middle Daughter married his cousin on August 30, 2008.

Here is a pic of Angie and Brian:

angiebrian.jpg

Thank you for all the prayers being said.

I watched the investigators processing the car today and after seeing the vehicle I find it hard to believe that Angie survived at all.

She is still in an induced coma and now has developed an infection in her lungs.

Please keep praying.

I am so sorry for this...I hope Angie recovers, and wish there were words to say to help with the grief.

I hope that Travis suffers his punishment with learning and has at least learned the true cost of a mistake such as his.

That he would never do the same thing again is some consolation, but not much.

Liz

Thank you for all the prayers being said.
I watched the investigators processing the car today and after seeing the vehicle I find it hard to believe that Angie survived at all.

She is still in an induced coma and now has developed an infection in her lungs.

Please keep praying.

OMG! Sending fervent prayers for Angie's recovery!

Latest posts

Back