Are your horses spoiled?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are your horses spoiled?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OH YES
deadhorse2.gif
HAHA

I would have to answer this as "yes, and no".

Yes, our horses are all spoiled rotten, but that does NOT mean that they are allowed to get away with having bad manners.

Some horses are spoiled to the point where they are allowed to walk all over their owners--some of those horses are absolutely obnoxious when it comes time for (for instance) the vet or farrier to do anything with them.

Ours are pampered & cuddled & spoiled & baby talked, but there is always a line they are not allowed to cross, and they do know where that line is.

Well, I wouldn't mind switching places with one of them for a few days if that tells you anything! I'd love to spend my days socializing, napping, playing and waiting for someone to feed me food I get all excited over.

My horses are definently spoiled, but not to the point that they have bad manners and get away with things.

They get warm beet pulp on cold days, they get loves every day, each has about four barn halters and their own "color code" for sheets and slinkies. They even get a christmas stocking.

Yep. Spoiled.

I don't consider my horses "spoiled". Of course, they all have the best feed, good shelter, time to play, get cleaned up after and groomed, are very well cared for, and loved immensely, but that is as it should be, IMO.
wink.gif
"Lucky"? yes. "Spoiled"?

Not really.
smile.gif

YES, my horses are spoiled but yet they are very well mannnered. I would have to agree with Magics post
yes.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
Corinne

Minimor said:
Yes, our horses are all spoiled rotten, but that does NOT mean that they are allowed to get away with having bad manners.

Some horses are spoiled to the point where they are allowed to walk all over their owners--some of those horses are absolutely obnoxious when it comes time for (for instance) the vet or farrier to do anything with them.

Ours are pampered & cuddled & spoiled & baby talked, but there is always a line they are not allowed to cross, and they do know where that line is.

507760[/snapback]

aktion033.gif

If being well fed and loved, scratched on and played with......then yes mine are spoiled. But good manners are a must and I'm the "boss mare" that they have to respect!

Minimor said:

507760[/snapback]

yes.gif
wub.gif
yes.gif

My horses are no more spoiled than anyone else on the farm. Since Dave and I get to eat the best, so do all of our little ones. Sometimes we get treats and sometimes they get treats. I don't consider that spoiled, I consider that being loved. And I mean everyone since we have many minis, a mini donkey, several llamas, a potbelly pig, a pygmy goat, several chickens and ducks (who love cat food
biggrin.gif
) many cats and three dogs (two tiny inside ones and a larger outside one). They all have their special likes and I try to give it to them when I can.
aktion033.gif

Well, since Spider and Cinnabar are the first horses I have been allowed to keep at home, yes...they are very spoiled! I scratch them and love on them, take them for walks and give them a nice brushing with their favorite massaging brush! But, they need to have manners as well, so no biting, kicking, pushing or shoving!

As far as manners go, I'd have to say "no" they are not spoiled that way. I don't think a horse kicking and biting and having no manners is fun.

Timmy ? No. I am not going to spoil him at all. He's going to be a handful and actually already is testing his bounderies, and I am staying on his case and working with him just like I did Nick, so he'll end up a sweet heart like his daddy.

I think a lot of people might confuse just plain old care with spoiling. I know sometimes I get carried away a little bit and over do it, but why not?

Yes - Secret is spoiled to the days but he knows not to cross the line and he still behaves like the perfect gentlemen! He never refuses anything, was being floated and the age of 11mnths when I brought him, never naps or anything. But he is stil spoiled to the max!

Well taken care of, loved greatly, but not spoiled. I believe in manners at all times. A horse can be well-loved but not spoiled.

jennifer
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back