Are you sick of me and my kitchen yet?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrystalPaths

Reaction score
Ready...............18 hrs of labor...........total bill is...............drum roll please.............................$502.00
new_shocked.gif

Can you believe it?
new_shocked.gif
I coulda just hugged him but he brought his wife to see it to see if she would like it too in their kitchen. Well, being so grateful I wrote him a $600 check and told him if he had any more free moments......I have a few other things that need doing.

Hang the top cupboards

electric in the kitchen

electric smoke detectors

hanging a lite in the kitchen some how from those huge beams

hanging a chandelier (antique) in the loft
wacko.gif

Stairs to go down cellar.............

Can you tell I am just SOOOOOOOOO excited?
488.gif
538.gif
cheers.gif
eat.gif
worshippy.gif

Congratuations! That is much more than a fair price for that nice little job. Now you can spend the other $4698, that the first rat quoted and thankfully didn't get, on some other good things you need!

biggrin.gif
See, I told you it hould have been $550 and ask them if the decimal point was off...........hey, my husband was contractor and I spent lots of time with contracts.

This guy was great. I'm so glad you gave him a "bonus"....and he was glad too!

Enjoy those wonderful cabinets and the actual house. WOW, can you believe it ? You can move upstairs!
new_shocked.gif
Congratulations. It won't be long.

THat is incredible!! He did a fantastic job.

Can we see pics of the rest of the house?

K

Debi, I would clearly go to that other jerk with pictures in hand and show him the bill.

I am so happy for you.

Can we PLEASE now discuss your Thanksgiving Day plans UPSTAIRS???????

Oh Deb!!!! I am so very happy for you!!!!! Can't wait to see the pics!!! That is great that you gave the guy a bonus. I'm sure he'll do an extra good job for you if you have him out again!

ONE IMPORTANT THING.........don't hurt yourself in your excitement of moving upstairs! I wish I could come up and give you a hand.

See there Sharon, you read minds too! I have been dreaming every nite about the move "up". It's just me and Shain...I may have to hire some high school boys.
new_shocked.gif

I wish I could have Thanksgiving open house for all of you. Ya'll c'mon up/over/down if you like. God knows I have alot to be thankful for and always cook wayyyyyyyyy too much!
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Deb,

I'm so happy for you. Maybe you should book him right now for some other jobs before he gets too busy. Definitely hire some high school boys and don't you do any lifting or moving yourself. Please be careful
ohmy.gif
I don't want to hear that you carried even your toothbrush up those stairs
nono.gif

That is incredible!!!
aktion033.gif
The photos of your kitchen are absolutely beautiful!! And then you posted that wonderful recipe of your grandma's appie pie recipe... imagine...you'll be making your pies in this gorgeous, spacious kitchen - how wonderful!!!!
aktion033.gif

Thats about what I thought the cost should be, too. Also, you did the right thing in giving him above and beyond. We always tip like that too, when we like the work and feel the price was fair and it goes a long way in regards to goodwill and when you want other work done he will make the time for you and do a good job.

That is just so awesome, I am happy for you.

Latest posts

Back