April's Book-Of-The-Month is....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the library to see if they have it, and they don't. Never heard of Rollins. But hopefully they can get it through interlibrary loan. It sort of sounded intriguing so I'll give it a try.

Can't wait to read this one! Sounds like my kind of book
default_smile.png

I think it will be a good book, and it looks like he's got lots of others so maybe another "new" author to keep enjoying
default_yes.gif

Aww shucks. I promised my husband I wouldn't buy anymore books until I read some of the ones I already have, so I won't be participating in the read this month. He's being furloughed at work over the next few weeks, so gotta keep our spending in check.
default_sad.png

If I find it at Barnes and Noble then I will send it to you once I'm done. I like to share
default_smile.png

Kanoas, do you have a library nearby? They may have it or can order from another library? I do it all of the time.

I started it yesterday, and am on chapter five. I may try to read some more today, as I'm supposed to be taking it easy. Like that is easy to do with little horses around.

Rollins has many good books....one I read recently was The Devils Colony, very good read.

Sonya, I read that one, and also Bood Line, I like the way he mixes history with fiction, and gives it all a shake!

Thanks Omht, that is very nice of you to offer. I have had sooooo much stress over my eye since the end of February, I have hardly read. I was joking with my husband earlier that I have probably watched more tv in the past two weeks then I have in the last two years. I just can't seem to focus enough to read. But now that I finally got a diagnosis, I hope I won't be as stressed.

Marsha I hated the first book we read....77th Shadow Street....I couldn't wait to finish it...it took me over two months. I was very open about my dislike of it...lol.

Sara usually puts up a spoiler thread for the book so you can make specific comments about it that others who haven't read it yet know not to go to that thread.

I really am going to start reading the books of the month here. My car is STILL out of commisson (going to cost me alot, well, a lot to me right now, ha). So until then I am only getting rides from friends to the grocery store, kind of hate to ask them to drive me downtown to the library. However, I think that if my car is still going to be out of commission in May, I WILL ask someone to drive my butt to the library, so I can join in on the fun here!

Do you guys have public transportation there Renee? Like a City Transit? I know taxis can get expensive, but anything like an hourly bus?

We do have a bus stop nearby here, but because of my health issues I'm rather hesitant to take the bus... I think if I ask a friend, or two, to drive me, they'd do it. I feel like a bother to them tho...

Latest posts

Back