Appy Coloring Study

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Here is a request for help doing an appy study. Hope we have people who will carry through with helping the appy research.

Below is the quoted information:

Earlier in the year, we requested hair samples for our LP research.

In order to complete our current study, we need more samples from miniature horses. Though a number of owners volunteered in the spring to send them in, we did not receive enough to include this breed in our research, and we would very much like to.

It is critical that each sample be from a horse that is not closely related to any other horse in the sample set. What this means is:

No matching ancestors in the last two generations of the pedigree - sire, dam, paternal and maternal grandsires and granddams must all be different. Common ancestors further back are not a problem.

Since we have already have begun to build the miniature sample group, we also must be careful not to get new samples that are of horses too closely related to what we already have. For this reason, if you wish to participate, you must send me the names of the horses in the immediate pedigree, as listed above.

Other criteria:

1. No grey, classic roan or obviously paint patterned horses can be included in the current study.

2. True solids from at least one Appaloosa-patterned parent are needed - BUT, they must be at least 5 years of age and still showing no characteristics or patterning.

3. Patterned horses must have been born with enough patterning at birth to easily classify them as heterozygous (small spotted blanket) or homozygous (small snowcap blanket) for LP. No horses that were born solid or with just minimal white flecks but roaned later can be accepted.

Please help us if you can - we need make our goal within the next few weeks. To volunteer, email me privately at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Sheila Archer

Email sent, let me know if you could use any of my apps..
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back