anyone use this product?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdtexas

Reaction score
Made by : Blue Seal company

WINNING TOUCH® GRASS HAY MIN-A-VITE™

A concentrated mineral and vitamin supplement designed to balance the nutritional deficiencies of grass hay and pasture. Ideal for horses fed a low level of grain. Feeding Rate is 2 - 4 oz./head/day.

• 2:1 Calcium:phosphorus Ratio • B Complex Vitamins (including Biotin) • Chelated Trace Minerals • Selenium and Vitamin E • Vitamins A & D • Yeast Culture

I'm looking for product that has no fat but would add nutrients/vitamins/minerals to their diets. Vet is coming out next week to check out their body condition and she will give me some recommendations as well. I saw this product in petsmart and bought it. It's very salty tasting (yes I did taste it myself). but my 2 yr old will eat it just because it's in her feeder (she will eat just about anything that's in her feeder, I think) Since she is over weight and I'm taking her off the pelleted Strategy and going with dry lot, grass hay and some yard grass grazing(limited) , I was thinking I really need to find her a suitable supplement. She won't eat purina 12/12 by itself but this product she will eat.

I've been feeding Puring Born to Win for about a year and a half how. Horses are on pasture from mid-April till early November, then fed an alfalfa/grass mix hay, with no grain for adults, and just a small amount of rolled oats along with the Born to Win for the growing youngsters. It doesn't take much, mares in late pregnancy and lactating get 1 cup night and morning, and all the others get 1/2 to 3/4 cup night and morning. Coats are shiny, nobody is obese anymore, and foals this Spring looked great when they were born. I'm 100% in favor of the "ration balancers" no matter what brand. :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back