Anyone feel like writing...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HobbsFarm

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Ever since I read the threads on the rescued mustangs that Kathy posted, I can't stop thinking about those babies and wish I could help somehow. Well, my charitable feelings have turned to anger and I am one of you that would take that sorry piece of crap out behind the barn. Since we all know that's not possible, unfortunatley, I wanted to post an excerpt from the article about the mustangs that was in a local news paper shortly after the seizure. It provides some good information, like how one would address a piece of hate mail if anyone happen to have anything to say to him... :new_let_it_all_out: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]George Hale is the owner and the one who adopted the horses from the BLM. The horses were kept at Rosebud Ranch, 1200 Donegan Road, Largo, Florida 33771, which I think should be held accountable as well as the owner. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]"Brooks said Hale, who lives at 1799 Seminole Blvd. Lot No. 1, (Largo, Florida 33778) showed no remorse when he talked with SPCA investigators about the condition of the horses and refused to willingly sign over the mare, which the SPCA then confiscated. "[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Let's tell them what we think of the way he has abused these animals. Pull Kathy's last thread of the update with the pictures and have them on your screen to look at while you write. It makes it really easy to say exactly how you feel![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

No Shannon, it won't do any good. People who show no remorse for their crimes aren't even human beings as far as I'm concerned.

What good would come out of a deluge of mail sent to this creep? None. He would not read them and throw them away. It would not change the way he is or his values.

It's hard to believe there are people on this earth that are so hateful. Don't join them. Wasting your time and energy to be angry and hateful back is non productive. Trust me, I know. The bitterness....... It just eats away at you.

I've got to agree with Marty, the law will handle this he will be prosecuted federally. Tracie has been told by the SPCA to take pictures every 2 days and use a weight tape to document their weight gain in just a short period of time, they have gained 20 pounds. The vet has been to see them twice and will be out again Friday, there are plenty of people to testify this guy will get his and I do believe in carma maybe not now but someday he will pay. BLM is giving us until the 1st of Sept. before they get them. Kathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Two wrongs do not make a right.

The Mustangs are in a better place now. Their previous owner will be tried and even if he "gets away with it" here, what he has done will catch up with him eventually.

I suggest using your anger constructively. Those poor horses aren't the only ones who needed help. Even if you're not able to do much for other horses in need, there are many small ways you CAN make a difference.

No Shannon, it won't do any good. People who show no remorse for their crimes aren't even human beings as far as I'm concerned.
[SIZE=14pt]I know, you're right Marty. :eek: I was just so heartbroken when I read these threads and saw the condition of those horses. So instead of posting how mad it made me on here, I wrote him a letter. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I don't honestly think that he would be the type of person to care what others thought, but it made me feel better to vent (to the person at fault, not just on the forum). I just keep thinking about what all those mares would say to him if they could talk.
default_sad.png
That's all!
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Yes, she is, she went down again sunday and needed help getting up. Tracie said it looked like she laid down last night because her sores opened up again, but was on her feet at feeding time this morning. I got A&D ointment to put on them and we are going to try to bathe them this week, they still have some scabs from the rainrot. I'll try to get pics tommorrow. Kathy

BLM is giving us until the 1st of Sept. before they get them. Kathy
NO WAY!!!!
default_thumbdown.gif
: There is NO WAY that's enough time for those poor horses to be healthy enough to be taken. What is BLM going to do with them? Just let them loose when they're still in a half starvation state? And "No Socks" would be too weak to run from predators!

I also agree with Marty. Although, I fully understand the temptation to hound the people responsible.

MA

Yes, she is, she went down again sunday and needed help getting up. Tracie said it looked like she laid down last night because her sores opened up again, but was on her feet at feeding time this morning. I got A&D ointment to put on them and we are going to try to bathe them this week, they still have some scabs from the rainrot. I'll try to get pics tommorrow. Kathy
Hi dont want to intrude on ya topic but was reading throuth this forum and seen that you had an animal with sores not sure what animal it is sorry but have you tried a great natural ingrediant HonneyY bacteria cant grow in it it works ssssooo great, in nz I use Manuka honey because the manuka has antesptic in it (Manuka is a bush/ Tree thing) it can be used on people or anything great for big massive holes in legs,bodies and so on, My grandad got his arm caught and dragged into a hay baler and it ate a huge hole into his arm and the doctors said he would lose it because his arm wasent healing so he filled the hole with manuka honey and healed it the doctors were speechless it really works my friends horse went through a fence and tore open its leg all ya could see all the tendons we filled it with honey and used childs disposible nappies as bandages and changed it every day then to every 2nd and it healed up completly with no scarring,It really is wonderful stuff.

Latest posts

Back