Anyone else here a LOST fan?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margo_C-T

Reaction score
Though I actually missed the very first episode, I have become a firm follower and fan of LOST. There were times along the way that I became frustrated with the seemingly meaningless meandering and SLOW pace of the plot, but all in all, I have LOVED it, and I can hardly wait until Sunday! I have followed Doc Jensen's columns on EW online for awhile now(thanks to my daughter, who told me about it, even though she doesn't watch LOST)--some great theories and lots of 'food for thought'--always a good idea to 'stretch' your brain!

So, am I the only 'LOST-phile' here?

(Note: some compare LOST to the writings of Stephen King...another storyteller that I 'generally' love, though not EVERY time. I recently tivo'd and enjoyed watching 'The Stand' again...IMO,it's probably King's best! I see LOST as 'good science fiction', and I LIKE a lot of good sci-fi!)

Margo

Margo, I'm right there with you regarding LOST and Stephen King!!! On LOST, we didn't watch it when it first started airing, but got hooked on it via DVDs I guess just last year or the year before. I am "lost" on what's going on (I could never verbally summarize the storyline!) but I am hooked!!! H and I can't wait to see it this weekend and hopefully finally understand it all. I never have been so hooked on something that could confuse me this much, but I LOVE it
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

PS some parts of LOST remind me of The Mist.

Me, me, I am! I am so sad to see LOST go......it has been my staple since the very first episode. I am looking forward to Sunday, but with sadness.
default_sad.png

Hurley, Sawyer and Sayid have been my fave's, and believe it or not, I liked (the real) Lock and even Ben. Hubby said I get to "involved" with "just a TV show", but come on! it's LOST! LOL. Glad to see I am not the only one.

I was also a huge fan of Twin Peaks....so I like screwd up, dysfunctional storylines. LOL.

Also, I have always thought The Stand was S.K.'s best book, I have read it several times.

I agree with you both on The Stand. It is an amazing novel. I've read it several times, but it has been years and years. I should read it again. It's the best... I also really loved the Dark Tower series, including the ending. I like that SK doesn't usually make it easy on the reader
default_smile.png
You have to think and there's no pre-set happy ending formula. I enjoy a lot of other authors, but there's no one that comes close to Stephen King... I wish he'd keep writing forever!

I am "lost" on what's going on (I could never verbally summarize the storyline!) but I am hooked!!! H and I can't wait to see it this weekend and hopefully finally understand it all. I never have been so hooked on something that could confuse me this much, but I LOVE it
default_smile.png
default_smile.png
Me, too! We watch pretty faithfully, but still are quite confused. Looking forward to Sunday's finale.

I'm a fan.
default_aktion033.gif
Have been watching since the first episode & yes I'm LOST.
default_wacko.png
Hate to see it end but hoping the ending will bring it together & answer the questions.

I didn't realize there was a new episode last night. I thought it was a repeat of an earlier episode. Glad the DVR knew what was going on. H and I are watching it this evening
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Good to know there's other fans here!

I've already asked for the complete 6 season DVD set for Christmas! I seldom want such things, but LOST is one I plan to savor at my leisure...and without the blasted load of commercials! Can hardly wait!

PS..There will be a special episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on Sun. night, entitled "Aloha to LOST"; I plan to tivo it. I've never even seen Kimmel's show, but think it sounds like fun to 'immerse myself' in LOST for that one last day! Cast members, etc., will be there.

Margo

It has been a slow series for me, I have watched but the past two years have been very confused especially with all the different time lines they keep shifting back and forth to. And why Desmond is the key to all this, I don't know. And now Jack is the keeper of the island - why?

I'm confused by it all, too, and have been for a long time. I'll miss the show, but am anxious to finally understand WHAT has been going on. As to why is Jack the keeper, to me, it made sense. He's the keeper because he stepped up to say he would be the one (volunteered) and from the start, he has tried to take responsibility for the group. It made sense to me that he'd be the one to step up, but I don't understand what exactly he's stepped up to do (or the why of someone having to do it). I'd never think a frustratingly "but I don't understand it" storyline could be as addictive as this one is!

Me too!
default_saludando.gif
I'm a huge fan and have watched every episode from the very first! I'm sad to see it end but hopefully Sunday will explain alot! It was a great and highly addictive series!

I have all of the released seasons of LOST. The kids watch it over and over and over again. I can't wait for the last season to be released. That way I can watch it start to finish.

Latest posts

Back