Anybody here make a Buckboard?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cayuse

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Hubby wants to make a sturdy buckboard for Cappy. It needs to be usable to carry small logs, manure tubs and stuff like that. He was thinking about buying a frame (you can get them at tractor suppy etc) and building on that. I am going to assume we need the front wheels to turn(and with clearance) or it will be unstable. And what to do about shafts? Or should I not use shafts and figure out breeching holdbacks (MajorClem explained that all to me once but I forget how it works, straps under the belly that tighten and hold cart back?) I'm happy without shafts for manueverability (i think, lol and how do you spell that?!?) Throw out your ideas and let me now if this is possible! Thanks!

I built one for a team with a wagon tongue. My late father in law had made the running gear for a wagon that I had built 7 or 8 years ago. So I just made a new wagon for the running gear that was still good. I’m not a carpenter by no means, just did the best I could and “ winged it “.

Latest posts

Back