Any story behind your username?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any story behind your username?

Mydaddysjag, or "Josie" was my first horse I ever owned, who I learned to ride on, who taught me to show, took care of me at a barrel race every weekend, was my shoulder to lean on as an angsty teenager, and my everything. She was defiantly my horsey soulmate!

A few years ago my now husband and I got very, very ill. We were both out of work on medical leave, had no insurance, and racked up a ton of medical bills.I had to do right and find Josie a home that could afford to take care of her to the standard she was used to. She lives with a good friend of mine as a trusty trail mount for her mother. Shes 22 now, but you would never know.

72372782.jpg

MyDaddysJag "Josie" 1989 AQHA mare.

Well, our ranch is called 'Paradise Wolves Ranch', but since 'Paradise Wolves' is also our kennel name, and this is a horse site, I decided to keep the word 'Paradise' and just use the word 'ponies' instead of wolves, even though I have minis, not ponies. But, I didn't like the sound of Paradise Minis.

'Paradise Ponies' just has a nice ring to it
default_yes.gif

Well, we got into minis because my son fell in love with the jumpers - when we started jumping ours, a friend said they jump so high (compared to their own height) they looked like they were flying! Thus Flying minis!

REO is just my initials LOL! Nothing exciting!

Even my farm name is only our initials!

RO for me and KO for hubby. ROKO
default_yes.gif

My first full-sized horse was an Arabian named Spyderman that I graduated to after I outgrew my pony and around the same time period I was hooked on a series of books where the main characters were named things like "Firestorm" and "Starwind" and "Iceshadow." I thought it was the height of cool to be "Spyderwind!"
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png
I was thinking vaguely of those baby spiders that cast threads on the wind and ride them to new homes. Odd, considering that I suffered strongly from arachniphobia.
default_wacko.png

Having used that username for everything under the sun for over ten years by the time I got a mini I decided it was time for a new identity. Horses are my hobby, my birthday is the 23rd...hench Hobbyhorse23! Simple.

Leia

Nothing exciting here. My name is Helen but that was already taken when I registered with this forum. When I was a kid my father called me Helicopter Cat........so I decided to use Helicopter. I use it in a lot of places now.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
my name is lucky lodge because my mini stud name is( little lucky lodge) witch i named after my stallion as his name is lucky.... MY real name is jenny.

Mine is ever so mysterious
default_biggrin.png

It's actually my middle name, but I've gone by my middle name since I was born
default_yes.gif

Davie is a nickname that I picked up when I was about 8 years old as I was a real tomboy and most of my cousins lived in Texas and one brought me a coonskin cap on year and I loved to wear it.

My real name is Davilene, therefore Davie came about with the coonskin cap as the kids used to call me Davie Crockett. No one can remember Davilene anyway.

My screen name is the name of our farm. River Rose Miniatures. We live near the Potomac River and I grow lots of roses, hence the name. The 28 is National Velvets number from when she rode in the Grand National Event. My favorite number. Real name is "Terry".

Hosscrazy... kind of self explanatory! Horsecrazy - hosscrazy!
default_wink.png

When I was 4 years old, my parents thought that me being "horsecrazy" was just a phase. Well...at age 50... nothing has changed!
default_aktion033.gif

Liz

Lee (Leeds My Way), Apache (Apache Sunset) and Moon were my first 3 minis. Now I also have Doc and Patty the donkey. I also have 2 big horses, Ladybug (Alipertis Dreamgirl) and Lucky (Lucky Streaker).

Well, mine is fairly simple too......my parents have always called me kid and their names start with D and J so...I am djskid!

My very first horse was a blue eyed mini (hes in my avatar). Ever since him I have been crazy about them. I find them "artsey" and very creative. When I do art, I put a lot of effort into the eyes. Watcheye is the blue eyed horse and my eyes are blue to boot. I just love it.

Years ago some girlfriends were all into the organized gym work-out kick aand wanted me to go along.

I told them I had my own 'equuisize' program of keeping fit, staying on top of the horse care and chores.

Would have loved to channel their energies into helping clean paddocks or something though :)

Funny how non horse people don't find that work fulfilling - go figure.

Mine is not that exciting either. We had started with Welsh, went to Shetlands, added minis then went to just minis. We raised one SHETLAND foal. So we registered our prefix as The Pony Farm
default_thumbdown.gif
(what everyone at our church called our place-how inventive!
default_smileypuke.gif
). So now our stall drape reads Charlton's Pony Farm across the valance with a square banner piece underneath that reads Miniature Performance Horses (since we did/do a lot of the different performance type classes). Hence-performancemini.
default_giveup.gif

Latest posts

Back