Another Forum Challenge for one of our own!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Lisa and Lonnie Foster (Country Hills Farm, Missouri), have issued a challenge to all Forum members to donate $5.00 (or more if you wish) to the Bill Walker Memorial Fund. We now have a great start of almost $400.00 in donations. [/SIZE]

We all know times are tight right now, but I know we can all also imagine what it must be like to be in this family's place. Let's open our hearts even more and help if we can. As always, your prayers are the greatest gift you can give.

Susan will be making decisions very soon about their large herd of horses, but at this time she needs hay and grain for at least a few months to care for the horses she has at this time. Their GRAIN alone is over $600.00/month at this time. Again, Susan has not asked for help, but she needs it and she is incredibly grateful, as are we, for the donations already made. Her hay for the next few months is already reserved and delivery will start next Tuesday.

The Paypal link is Paypal Secure Link

Please send the funds to the account of [email protected] That fund is being set aside for purchases of hay and grain. I have provided Dana with a Paypal debit card for this account.

A fund for initial household expenses and Susan's other needs is set up at-

Bill Walker Memorial Fund

Bank of Fayetteville

PO Box 759

West Fork, AR 72774

Siri-2003-BILL.JPG

The entire post regarding the accident is below for those who may not have seen it-

This is Laura Harrell (Forum name "Laura"-Flying A Farm) again with an update.

As many of you know, William (Bill) Walker of This-N-That Farms, West Fork, AR passed away on Sunday afternoon (October 23) at the Tulsa Burn Center, from injuries suffered when the gasoline tanker he was driving exploded during an early morning accident.

Bill was the husband of Susan Walker and the Father of our own Forum member Dana Bryan (Dreamweaver). Bill and Susan have been involved in the miniature industry for 14 years and have been horse people most of their lives.

Unfortunately, Bill had little life insurance. He and Susan had quite a substantial herd of horses, miniatures and full sized horses. We have set up two accounts for donations for Susan's use in caring for the horses and immediate household expenses.

Susan is a wonderful, giving woman who I have been honored to consider my friend for the last 15 years. She will not ask for help on her own, so Dana and the rest of us are asking on her behalf.

The Paypal account has over $300.00 in donations already, from some VERY generous donations from some of our Forum members. The link is Paypal Secure Link

Please send the funds to the account of [email protected] That fund is being set aside for purchases of hay and grain. I have provided Dana with a Paypal debit card for this account.

Bermuda hay from a local dealer is already set aside for her on as pay as we can basis. We also plan to set up a charge account at her feed store where she can draw from funds already paid on her behalf for grain purchases.

A fund for initial household expenses and Susan's other needs is set up at-

Bill Walker Memorial Fund

Bank of Fayetteville

PO Box 759

West Fork, AR 72774

Any help you can give is very much needed and appreciated, no matter how small or large. Susan has some tough decisions to make, along with the incredible loss the whole family is suffering. As always, your prayers are very, very welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
LisaF. said:
Hi Laura,
Thanks for posting this.  Are they a Paypal Account set up for Bill Walkers Memorial Fund at Bank of Fayetteville?...Or can we set one up?...I think Paypal will make it easier for both accounts.

491587[/snapback]

At this time, the bank account is not linked to a paypal account. Since I already had a debit card for the existing Paypal account that they could use, we just used that account. People are welcome to send donations for both funds to the one Paypal account and just list how they would like the funds to be used.

Some of us still do need mailing address, so glad it is avaliable. Thanks for providing information.

I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Dana and her family for the first time the day before the tragic accident...and already can consider her one of my friends. She and her family are what I call "genuine" people and my heart goes out to them at this terrible time.

I hope others will join me in helping this family through these tough times.

Sent a paypal -- our condolences to the family -- what a loss.

Please use the money as you need to - for horses or people

JJ and Kim

Thank you all so much! The first hay run was made today! It's a great start!

As of yesterday, over $500.00 had been deposited into the Paypal account. The bank account has only $50.00, BUT most of our local breeders and friends made cash donations directly to Susan at the memorial last Saturday. As I said in my previous post, a hay run was made yesterday. I'll consult with Dana today on what plans are being made for more hay & grain.

Susan did post on the sale board today that she will be selling most of the horses. If you see anything on her site This-N-That Farms that you want, just E-mail her at [email protected]

Laura,

Thanks for bringing this back up. I had meant to contribute and lost the info. Will go to Paypal right now.

My thoughts and prayers continue for Dana and Susan.

Rita

On my way to Paypal right now.

There but for the Grace of God go I...........

Ginny StP

Latest posts

Back