An apology long in coming...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne said:
Everything[/U] just does not have to be microscopically examined, torn down looking for

bias or hidden innuendo.

Some things just make you laugh at first read and should be left to be nothing but

a means to entertain.

We need more let more lightness in just for the sake of itself. A chance to let go of the gloom and doom.

Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you and your son enjoyed it, Nancy!

I'm afraid I may have given the impression that I wrote it...unfortunately, I can't take credit. It was forwarded to me without any attribution, so I couldn't give credit.

I have a great appreciation for humor, but didn't find anything worth smiling about in the OP and honestly found it offensive to me as a proud American who cannot identify a reason to apologize to the world
indifferent0014.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a great appreciation for humor, but didn't find anything worth smiling about in the OP and honestly found it offensive to me as a proud American who cannot identify a reason to apologize to the world
indifferent0014.gif
Jill, I feel exactly the same way you do.

I agree with Jill and Sheryl.

What is truly strange about the internet is that people seem not to recognize satire, farce, or any other subtle form of humor when it is posted online.
No problem identifying humor, but something like this is not humor to all and when someone steps up and says so, you come out with a snide remark like this:

It is good to see, however, that even if our country can grow and evolve, this forum stays the same!
which is just another offensive comment that I suppose is meant to be funny? an opinion which differs from yours is wrong and therefore shouldn't be expressed?

It is good to see, however, that even if our country can grow and evolve, this forum stays the same!
which is just another offensive comment that I suppose is meant to be funny? an opinion which differs from yours is wrong and therefore shouldn't be expressed?
I believe the comment about not growing and evolving from the OP was intended for me....since my name was in the post...oh well! I guess because I did not vote for O nor am I pleased that O was elected, I have not grown or evolved....it's right along the same lines of being called a racist if you ask me.

Personally it isn't the differing opinion that I object to. What I find offensive is people ridiculing others in the name of humor. To me there's nothing humerous about disrespect. Just one of those hang-ups some of us "older generation" people have.

Personally it isn't the differing opinion that I object to. What I find offensive is people ridiculing others in the name of humor. To me there's nothing humerous about disrespect. Just one of those hang-ups some of us "older generation" people have.

Latest posts

Back