AMHR Nationals AND Congress Judges

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaddax3

Reaction score
First: Congratulations to Larry Parnell on being named president at the national Convention.

Larry went throught the list of judges.

For AMHR Nationals ...

Youth/Amateur Judges: Debbie Hamilton, Sandra Curl, Cindy Weight-Carter (Jon Wolf, alternate).

Open Judges: Larry Thurber, Jim Bruggink, George Conner.

For Congress ...

Arlene Foulk, Larry Thurber, Lee Crutchfield (Gary Eads, alternate)

Modern Judge will be Patrick Sanders or Jared Lee (undecided as of noon Saturday; it may have been settled later in the day)

It was noted that Thurber should not judge both AMHR Nationals and Congress, so there could be a judging change impacting one of those competitions.

Also, Congress will go to a facility outside Terre Haute, Indiana. There was a strong move to keep Congress in a more eastern location. Apparently, people from states in the east and eastern Midwest did not want to travel to Lincoln, Nebraska, because it was deemed too far west. Some believed that attitude shows a disregard for pony exhibitors who live in the western Midwest and western states.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You for posting the news. Do you know where the National Area 6 Show will be held in 2008?

thanks so much! Ive been waiting on pins and needles for the congress decision. I know some wont be happy about it but I think it was a good decision

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

What about Congress dates?

Thank you so much! I havnt left the computer all day!

Russ:

The Area VI National Show goes to Lincoln. I believe it's over the Fourth of July weekend.

Thanks for the info and guess we can start marking the 2008 calendar for the National Area VI show! Great place in Nebraska for sure!

Does anyone know the dates for Congress? Can't wait to start making plans!!

I am still here in New York , can't wait to go South
default_thumbup.gif
I would like to say a big Congrats to Lea Dill for putting on a Great Convention
default_cheers.gif
default_cheers.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif
, Everything was GREAT !!! And I would like to think all the wonderful and very generous members who were at the Trainers Auction as we set a Record sale that all you guys next year will have to dig deep as our Total was $$13,750.00 So Kids lookout here come more BIG trophies.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

Now let me address the Congress Location.. Yes we are going to Cloverdale , In . It is 40 miles from the Indianapolis Airport. The name is CrossRoads Arena and they do have a web site. I would like to clear up a statement in a previous post about the Air Conditioning , It is ONLY air conditioned in the BATHROOMS
default_aktion033.gif
the snack bar area, and the show office. It a Brand new facility and they are so excited to work with us, I would like to say the bottom line on the deciding factor was the $$$$$$$$ and this arena told us it would have a $25,000 cap on cost.. So that made it the lowest bid that came in , with Springfield Oh being the highest, The Board was open to all members who wanted to come in a listen to the proposals and see how the selection took place , and many took advantage of that ,

Ok now on to the Congress Judges , there is no rule against a judge doing both Congress and Mini Nationals and they are two separate shows and one is Shetlands and the other is Minis.. So unless one our selection declines for one reason are another that is what the slate will be..
default_wink.png

Thanks Belinda,

Have to admit i was hoping for an air conditioned show arena and i am so excited to get to see this new facility in Indiana
default_smile.png

I will have to go find their website ....

Thanks agian everyone for keeping us updated
default_smile.png

For those interested here is the link to the Congress location for next year ...

http://www.crossroadsarena.net/

Just mapquested it, its a 4 and half hour drive for me so its not much different from Gordyville which was about 6 hours.

The place looks GREAT! I glanced at the layout and construction photo's on their website, it looks like its set up allot like Gordyville
default_smile.png
. Also, did a little math and going off the drawing of the facility, i counted 433 stalls
default_smile.png
. Nevermind, make that 550
default_smile.png

There are actually 550 stalls in the facility. with the option of more if we need them. Plans for this site include another new barn in the next 2 years with an additional 1000 stalls. I visited the site last week and they are looking at a December completion date. Looks to be a nice place, can't wait to see it when it is completed !!

Amber

Hey Annette, glad to see you made it home safely !
default_472.gif

Best Regards from room 402

Amber

Thanks Amber, it was a very long flight home! HAHA

I have to say that I felt the convention was very positive and there was a lot learned. Enjoyed seeing everyone and getting to visit with everyone.

Although Congress is farther away for me, after 3 days of drinving what is a few more hours. I Mapquested it and it is just over 2000 miles from us. I do plan on attending next year. The facility looks beautiful and I am looking forward to it.

Hubby is excited as that is in the heart of dirt track racing so I guess he will be making a few trips off site LOL

Did anyone write down the dates as I got the judges written down but not dates. I assume they will be basically the same but you know what they say about assuming.

Annette,

I wrote down Congress to be July 30-Aug 2.....

Tell me about a long flight home!!!! I think I left room 402 about 2 mins before your gang arrived, but it sure was fun!

Thanks Erlica,

Lets just say that I'm too old to stay up all night anymore. All I know is the town of Buffalo gets very excited over hockey and throws a great party!

Got home about midnight last night and I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

First: Congratulations to Larry Parnell on being named president at the national Convention.

Larry went throught the list of judges.

For AMHR Nationals ...

Youth/Amateur Judges: Debbie Hamilton, Sandra Curl, Cindy Weight-Carter (Jon Wolf, alternate).

Open Judges: Larry Thurber, Jim Bruggink, George Conner.

For Congress ...

Arlene Foulk, Larry Thurber, Lee Crutchfield (Gary Eads, alternate)

Modern Judge will be Patrick Sanders or Jared Lee (undecided as of noon Saturday; it may have been settled later in the day)

It was noted that Thurber should not judge both AMHR Nationals and Congress, so there could be a judging change impacting one of those competitions.

Also, Congress will go to a facility outside Terre Haute, Indiana. There was a strong move to keep Congress in a more eastern location. Apparently, people from states in the east and eastern Midwest did not want to travel to Lincoln, Nebraska, because it was deemed too far west. Some believed that attitude shows a disregard for pony exhibitors who live in the western Midwest and western states.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for adding to the fun and festivities of this convention and all of the nice compliments given to me regarding the convention............. If I had do to it again -- you bet, it now that I know what I know -- as long as I did not have the expense part of it to worry about and raising funds for the extra's such as the hospitality room as we did feed alot of people....... The tour to Niagara Falls went smoothly as far as all the members on the bus, I have had my suburban following the bus just in case we had a problem getting through the boarder with boarder control.. The idea was if someone was not permitted to go to Canada, I had Amber M, following the bus to return anyone to the hotel so we did nothave turn the two buses back to the hotel.......... Unfortunatly -- we let a couple of members from Arkansa get in the suburban... That was start of the problem... They got detained at the boader and we on the bus had to leave then behind........

Boarder control officers take thier jobs very seriouly...........
default_yes.gif

Allow me to give you a small bit of instruction about boarder crossings, the same instructions I gave to the crew in the suburban.
default_new_shocked.gif

First, they want those of us who cross into Canada to at least be able to read signs especially if your the one driving...... There are about three signs at boarder that you you have to pay attention to:

If you are in a bus -- you go in the bus pass (the pass is where they stop you and ask you questions and sometimes pull you over and make you get out of your car for search and inspection.
default_unsure.png

If you are in a truck -- you go in the truck pass

If you are in a car -- you go in the car pass

SO with that said -- you do not take your suburvan and go through the BUS pass.. Big mistake
default_wacko.png
They get a bit agistated that your in the drivers seat and one can't read or two do not follow instructions well.
default_wacko.png
--I know from this day forward Amber M will know that she when she is driving a suburvan -- it is not a bus...

Once they get you where they want you --they do ask you a few simple questions and want to see some ID...

First they ask for ID, if you don't have it out -- like you should as theyt have signes that say "HAVE IT READY" The patrol gets a bit nervous that your rooting through pockets, purses and whatever, they tend to react quickley and ask you step out of the car that is not a bus :DOH! - Amber M
default_saludando.gif
Belinda B
default_saludando.gif
Larry P
default_biggrin.png
Sherri Joliff
default_saludando.gif
Erica Carlson
default_rolleyes.gif

At this point you do not act goofy, laugh and make any qucik moves!!!! Well, with that said --the crew tried their best......

There they ask you simple questions..... well simple question for the majority.......... allow me to recant the line of questioning that was given to the above listed - detained persons above...

(excuse my spelling -- I am just winging this)

Boarder Patrol officers - Citisenship? Amber M
default_unsure.png
-- Ans: YES

BP - DO NOT ANSWER ALL AT ONCE!!!!!!

BP - Citisenship? Amber M
default_unsure.png
-- Ans: YES

default_no.gif
Larry P - What are they talking about?

BP - Citisenship? Amber M - YES

BP - Citisenship? Amber M -

BP - What Country? -- Ans: US AmberM:
default_aktion033.gif

Belinda B....
default_wub.png

BP - Citiship? Yes

BP - What Country????????? - Belinda B-
default_wacko.png
[SIZE=18pt]ARKANSAS[/SIZE]

So people when my cell phone rang.... and they were panicing that they were detained at the boarder AND OUT OF THE CAR .... I felt my best move would be to hang up and turn my cell off......... AND Yes, the members on the bus had a great time in Canada................

Kudos to Lea Dill for hosting the convention.

She made it a wonderful experience.

Latest posts

Back