AMHR Convention

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle@wescofarms

Reaction score
Hope all the attendees had a wonderful time at the AMHR Convention. One of the clubs I belong to hosted it (Area VII), and I must say the ladies that planned and worked on this did a fabulous job! It was the first time for many of us in our club to attend the Convention, and I do believe they did an excellent job trying to coordinate everything and kept it running smoothly.

I did try to attend as many of the Committee meetings as I could, but didn't attend the banquet or the Saturday activities (health reasons). As we didn't have the Journal available, or rule books, it was a bit hard to follow the agenda at times. Hopefully that will be rectified in the future as was presented at one of the meetings.

It was definitely interesting to see the dynamics at work among the different groups, especially as there were similarities with the AMHA Convention, but having the other small equines (Shetlands/Sport Ponies), it was definitely educational!

Hey Michelle,

Was great to meet you in person! I also got to meet Howard & Shirley Busbee from California. Talked with several to get to put names and faces together.

Hat's off to Area VII. I had a wonderful time, first time to Reno and loved the sights. Start planning next year as convention will be in Area 1 in Buffalo, New York. Lea Dill is heading this up with the help of all of Area 1. Our excursion will be to Niagra Falls on Thursday afternoon/evening. Start saving those pennies now to go. The last time I flew to NY to see Lea was three years ago and my roundtrip ticket from DFW to Buffalo was $250.00. Look at those airline tickets and book early to get the best price. Then for your hotel room, room with four or more and split the cost. Could only cost you $50-$100 for the whole week if that many stay together (besides it's a lot more fun!) that works out to be about $20 per day.

Again thanks to all that attended, had some pretty good discussions on many topics (yes, even some of the committee heads didn't get their copies until their meetings) so they were reading those for the first time.

Topics at Convention:

There is a proposal change form in the April/June Journal for changes that you the members would like to see. Please look that change form over and start working on those for 2007. Go to the official pages and look at all of the committee's and the chairs. If I was to send a proposal in for the AMHR committee, I would send a copy to the committee chair, all of the directors and the rules committee. That way they ALL get a copy to review. I know in the Classic committee one of the proposals was handed to Belinda right before the committee.

If the person who is making the proposal can't attend the convention, get a spoke person that will be attending. Any proposal can be amended from the Convention floor, but the author or spokeman are the only ones that can do that. I have seen many a good propsal get turned down due to wording and the author or spokesman not there to fix it. Make sure your wording is easy to understand and follow for all.

Karen Shaw

Chairman

ASPC/AMHR/ASPR Triple A Amateur Advantage Program

I agree with Karen -- it was a great Convention & we all had a good time.

The meetings were well run & a lot of discussion took place on the various subjects.

It was great to meet so many old friends & also make new ones.

Plan on ocming to Bufffalo next year.

Area 2's Canadian Connection has a lot of stuff in the planning stages already.

Had a great time with lots of fun times. Had lots of laughs with our Canadian friends :bgrin :bgrin

I had a great time also. I liked meeting some of the people from here and others .

it was a lot of funn and I even came home with alittle money.

Latest posts

Back