AMHR Arkansas State Fair show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMS Miniatures

Reaction score
Ok what is the rule concerning AR when it comes to coggins? I'm thinking in the past when I showed in AR before they expire 6 months. I tried to find it in the show bill but couldn't find any info on it. I'm hoping I'm wrong because if it is 6 months my horse's coggins would have expired just a week before the dang show and just had the vet out here yesterday. I totally forgot about it and would hate to show up and not be able to show my horse.

Here are the State rules for horses coming to the fair-grounds from out-of-state

OUT-OF-STATE HORSES

1. Valid certificate of veterinary inspection with individual identification and a rectal

temperature reading on each animal.

2. A negative EIA test must have been conducted on all equidae over six (6) months of

age within twelve (12) months prior to the exhibition, and the EIA test papers must

accompany the certificate. Nursing foals under six (6) months of age are exempt

from testing if accompanied by negative tested dams. (Photocopies of the test papers

will not be acceptable--legible carbon copies will be acceptable.)

also - horses sold in Arkansas are supposed to have a neg Coggins dated within six months. all dates from date the blood is pulled

Ok what is the rule concerning AR when it comes to coggins? I'm thinking in the past when I showed in AR before they expire 6 months. I tried to find it in the show bill but couldn't find any info on it. I'm hoping I'm wrong because if it is 6 months my horse's coggins would have expired just a week before the dang show and just had the vet out here yesterday. I totally forgot about it and would hate to show up and not be able to show my horse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back