AMHA World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
I bet this topic title attracts attention.

It is really hot and humid here in Ft Worth. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I have been working inside where it is cold but when I walk outside it is like walking in to a hot sauna. I feel sorry for the exhibitors and horses that are out in that heat all day long. When you go in the barns it is hot and the fans seem to be running at high speed all day long.

Well, there may also be a phase of the moon problem but all in all it is a great show with great horses and top competition.

For those that are dwelling on problems and issues they are missing out on some great fun and some great horses.

Time to get ready to go to work.

YES!!!! It is really hot! and 30 min in the sun and my kids are getting crispy red :new_shocked:

Lots of sunscreen being used here. The sun is so much stronger than in NH :bgrin

But I would not trade this experience for anything!!!!!!!

I showed for some 30 odd years under all those hot and humid conditions where you would be lucky to find a piece of heaven under the little shade a palm tree can provide. Your show clothes sticking to your sweaty skin, and you and your horse sharing a Gatorade.......wow what memories! We actually had "spotters" back then to watch that no one got too over zealous and pushed their horse too hard in the heat in the warm-ups. The wash racks were always working over time with horses pawing in the puddles of bubbles, and all you heard was laughing, joking and people having a great time......as it should be.

Find your piece of heavenly shade Neil and have a cold pepsi on me.

Take care Sir and do enjoy!

Pansies
default_smile.png

You get to go home. I have to go 4 hours further South :new_shocked:

Pansies
default_smile.png

You get to go home. I have to go 4 hours further South :new_shocked:

Hey Al, you chose where you live, lol!
default_wink.png
: And I don't feel sorry for you at all--- in a month or two or three when some of us are shivering in snow drifts, I'm sure you will remind us that where you are it's a balmy 75 degrees or whatever lovely temperature you will be enjoying then. :lol:

Al B! LOL! :aktion033: Oh, I loved it at Congress when all the "northerners" where complaining about the heat! I kept telling them "You have NO IDEA what heat is!".
default_wink.png
:

It was 90 in Ohio yesterday. I don't find it badhere at all aslong asyou can get out of the Sun! The problem is the temperature in the Arena. It is freezing especially when you are watching!!!!!!!!!

Freezing is right! I have been wrapping up in a quilt to watch!

Oops, this is sfmini, Gator was using my computer and forgot to log out!! :bgrin :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I just got home and it's.....hotter! I'm 2 1/2 hours south of Ft Worth and no air-conditioned barn here LOL. It was a great show, lots of nice horses and people. Always hate to leave - now I have a week's worth of things to catch up on at home. :bgrin

Jan

Latest posts

Back