AMHA World Show-best place to stay?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy B

Reaction score
Since my daughter & I are new mini owners I am considering taking her to the AMHA World Show at the end of the month. Not being familiar with Fort Worth, where is the best place to stay hotel wise thats reasonable and within easy driving distance?

Thanks!

We are staying at the Trinity which is easy to get to, clean, breakfast comes with the room. We are getting a suite with a bedroom with two queen beds, and a living area with a double pullout. Best of all, dogs are allowed for a little extra. They have the best rate.

Another good one is the Homestead. Pretty good rate, and they allow pets.

We stay at La Quinta on I-30. It's about...5 minutes I think from the facility...west. The best rate we've found for the last several years

Charlotte

If you google it, search for hotels near Will Rogers Equestrian Center or near the Fort Worth Cultural District. Either should bring up quite a few hotels. In addition to the ones already mentioned, there is a Springhill Suites on I 30, a couple of Marriot Courtyards, Hampton Inn, and a number of others.

Also lots of things to do in the area (if you can drag yourself away from the show lol) - Cowgirl Museum & Hall of Fame is across the parking lot, well worth an hour of your time. Botanical Gardens, Science Museum, Kimball Art Museum.....

Have fun!

Jan

We are another LaQuinta... nothing too fancy but clean, easy to get to, and fantastic rates.

Enjoy your trip, stop by and see us, my horses will be with Reflections AND Redrock!!! (HEHEHEHE I am gonna have some fun announcements soon!!!)

I stayed at La Quinta for the 2008 show. Like other's have said, it isn't super fancy but it is nice and clean. The prices were reasonble, and it is close. They have a decent complimentary breakfast too.

Here are the hotels closest to the show site.These are hotels on University Drive or on streets adjacent to University Drive. These are only a minute or two (literally) from the show venue.

Courtyard

3150 Riverfront Drive

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Homestead Suites

1601 River Run

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Fairfield Inn

1505 South University Drive

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Residence Inn

1701 South University Drive

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Residence Inn

[SIZE=10pt]2500 Museum Way[/SIZE]

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Days Inn

1551 South University Drive

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Springhill Suites

3250 Lovell Avenue

[SIZE=10pt]Fort Worth, TX 76107[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]There are also nearby hotels just off I-30, and some south of the venue off I-20 if anyone is interested, I will post those also.[/SIZE]

There are so many things to do in Fort Worth. The museums are wonderful and a trip to the Stockyards area is just a hoot. The longhorn cattle drive is twice a day over there as well as attractions such as Billy Bob's, the White Elephant Saloon, Stockyards Station, Joe T. Garcias Restaurant and many more.

Of course, I suppose most of you stay at the site to see the classes and to take care of the horses, but if you get a chance to get away for a couple of hours, you can have a great time. There are great restaurants all over the place, so you won't go hungry in Fort Worth.

Hope you have a great time. Fort Worth (Cowtown) is wonderful!

Mary

Here are the hotels closest to the show site.These are hotels on University Drive or on streets adjacent to University Drive. These are only a minute or two (literally) from the show venue.

Courtyard

3150 Riverfront Drive

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Homestead Suites

1601 River Run

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Fairfield Inn

1505 South University Drive

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Residence Inn

1701 South University Drive

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Residence Inn

[SIZE=10pt]2500 Museum Way[/SIZE]

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Days Inn

1551 South University Drive

Fort Worth, TX 76107 US

Springhill Suites

3250 Lovell Avenue

[SIZE=10pt]Fort Worth, TX 76107[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]There are also nearby hotels just off I-30, and some south of the venue off I-20 if anyone is interested, I will post those also.

There are so many things to do in Fort Worth. The museums are wonderful and a trip to the Stockyards area is just a hoot. The longhorn cattle drive is twice a day over there as well as attractions such as Billy Bob's, the White Elephant Saloon, Stockyards Station, Joe T. Garcias Restaurant and many more.

Of course, I suppose most of you stay at the site to see the classes and to take care of the horses, but if you get a chance to get away for a couple of hours, you can have a great time. There are great restaurants all over the place, so you won't go hungry in Fort Worth.

Hope you have a great time. Fort Worth (Cowtown) is wonderful!

Mary

Thank you Mary so much for the information!! That helps a lot!

Since my daughter & I are new mini owners I am considering taking her to the AMHA World Show at the end of the month. Not being familiar with Fort Worth, where is the best place to stay hotel wise thats reasonable and within easy driving distance?Thanks!

One more thing.... Do you have to buy tickets/passes to get in to the show everyday?

Thanks everyone for their help.

No, admission is not charged.

Also, I hear there will be a hospitality room sponsored by some of our farms, and a health clinic, and flu shots on one day.

We're lucky, we only live 25 miles away....
default_biggrin.png

If you like Mexican I HIGHLY recommend Papasito's, which is about 2 miles or so from the fairground. The fajitas are awesome!

Lucy

Thanks everyone for their recommendations. I did some research and since I am on a strict budget I have made reservations at Americas Best Value Inn. It was ranked #3 on tripadvisor.com for places to stay in Fort Worth and had very good reviews. It is about 6 miles away from the coliseum. I joined their "value club" (free) and got a rate of $39 a night and it comes with a free breakfast. We are flying in on the Wednesday the 23rd so we can site see on Thursday. I wanted to take my daughter for the Youth part of the show. We even had someone offer to loan her a horse for the team tournaments and stuff. I am not sure how that all works or if she can be entered this late. That is something I will have to check in to. We will be there for some of the amateur events as well as we do not leave until the 29th. I hope I get an opportunity to meet lots of you.
default_saludando.gif

Oh, how exciting! So glad you are coming. You will love the show, the people, the beautiful horses. Be sure to look us up. Redrock stalls and Reflections stalls. Richardson Bass Bldg. We're coming in on the 23rd too and will be there the duration of the show.
default_smile.png
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back