AMHA Transfers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat_in_the_hat72

Reaction score
I am considering buying a double registered mare so I need to think about getting my stallions papers up to date.Can anyone tell me if I am understanding this right? I am currently not a member of AMHA. It has been over 6 months since I bought him. His previous owner never transfered him into her name. So I would have to send in $100 to cover 2 transfers over 6 months at $50 each, or join AMHA for $75 then the 2 transfer at $25 each for a total for $125. Either way I guess will cost me about the same but just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

Thanks

Yes, you will owe for two transfers. If the bill of sale is to her, and then another to you..... If you are planning on registering babies, etc.. I would certainly send in membership dues. If it is over 6 months, there is a fee for being late. On the transfer form, it should say what the fee is within 6 months, or what the fee will be for being past 6 months. You dont send in both.

Also, is he over 5 years old? Was he brought permanent when he was supposed to be? If not, that will need to be done too!

I think I am still confused.
default_unsure.png
:

Maybe if I break it down this way.

A is the name currently on the papers.

B is the person I bought him from.

C is me.

A sold to B. B did not send in transfer. B sold to C.

I have a signed transfer from A to B. Then I also have one from B to C. I am assuming I need to cover the transfer from A to B and then from B to C to get him in my name. For the cost it makes sense to go ahead and join AMHA while I'm at it. Then pay for the 2 transfers at the member price.

And yes he was already brought permanent.

Yes, you are correct in that you will have to pay for two transfers. I was not sure if you were looking at late rates AND regular rates from your first email. Thank heavens he is already permanent so you dont have to go through that!

The 2 transfers and the membership should bring him up to date!

Thank you so much. Clears it all up for me now. Guess i"ll have to set aside some money and get it done soon. Good thing as of right now I don't have to worry about getting him DNA'd. Though I'm sure I'll have to think about that someday soon too.

Thanks again.

How old is he? If before 95, he should not need DNA'd (I believe that was the cut off time)

Latest posts

Back