AMHA look up please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minifreishorsefarm

Reaction score
I am researching my buckskin mare's pedigree as there is some debate on if she is buckskin or dun. Her dam is grulla, and I need to find out where she got the dun gene from. Her sire (the dam of my mare) is black pinto, doesnt look grulla at all so cant be from him. His name is Bond Galahads Legacy, AMHA registered. he was bred to AMHA reg Fallen Ash Farms Fox In Sox to make my mare's dam (JFF Gifted Child, double reg). This is the mare I want a color look up on please. Her AMHA reg number is: A19395. She has to be a dun for my mare's dam to be dun, I just dont have proof of her color or any pictures showing her. Have searched Google but no photo of her out there.

thanks!

Marsha

I'm not sure I'm understanding. JFF Gifted Child is your mare's dam?. If so, she is showing as a solid grullo, out of a solid bay and a black pinto on the pedigree.

Be careful using the colors listed on pedigrees, as they can be wrong -- and many are. Sometimes the listed colors could not have produced the color of the offspring. Many people choose a color based on "foal color" -- but if the horse matures differently, they never change the record.

Thanks! Yes, she is the dam of my mare. I have seen her in person and she is grulla. I am thinking Gifted Child's dam was zebra dun, not bay. Some people just dont know colors at all. And I have seen pics of the sire who is black pinto and he is black.

The reason I am asking about this is the mare I have is registered as buckskin (same as her sire) and I had her color tested and she is coming back as no cream. Had to send a second test off to UC Davis to see if Animal Genetics made a mistake. The mare is way to light to be just bay, so we are trying to figure out if she is a shade of dun or the testing place screwed up.

Marsha

Latest posts

Back