AMHA Annual Meeting - Need Roomate/s

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R3

Reaction score
I plan to go to the AMHA Annual Meeting that is coming up in San Diego, 19-22 February, and I would like to share room expenses.

I am a female, non-smoker. Right now, I plan to arrive the morning of the 19th, and leave on Sunday, 22 Feb, but if I can share the costs, I can book a room for the 18th also.

Contact me if you might be interested in sharing.

Thanks,

Julie Miller

[email protected]

I plan to go to the AMHA Annual Meeting that is coming up in San Diego, 19-22 February, and I would like to share room expenses.
I am a female, non-smoker. Right now, I plan to arrive the morning of the 19th, and leave on Sunday, 22 Feb, but if I can share the costs, I can book a room for the 18th also.

Contact me if you might be interested in sharing.

Thanks,

Julie Miller

[email protected]
Julie,

Sounds like fun! I will check with my wife and see if I can get permission.....
default_wink.png

Ronnie

That I have GOT to see! Party central coming wifeless, eh?!

I'll see y'all there, Libby and I splurged a bit and upgraded to a bay view room. I come in early on the 18th and leave in the afternoon on sunday.

The hotel looks really nice, and I can't wait for warm temps. It was -20 this morning when I got up.
default_new_shocked.gif

Hmmmm.... Al and Ronnie, I'll have to ask my husband what he thinks too ....

Seriously, anyone (female) out there that doesn't already have a roommate?

Also, if you haven't already bought your plane tickets or made a hotel reservation, I saw that I can buy a 'package' deal through travelocity.com or expedia.com where you get a hotel at the same time as your flight, and you can book the Bahia at a cheaper rate than even what is offered through the 'special' price with AMHA.

Also, for anyone interested, if you get a suite (especially with the package deal), you can sleep two in a bedroom (two beds), and one on a hide-a-bed, and still keep the price down. The hotel also told me that in a regular room, they would charge extra for a rollaway, but if you got a suite, you could put a fourth person on a rollaway at no extra cost, so four people can sleep in their own bed for no extra.

Hmmmm.... Al and Ronnie, I'll have to ask my husband what he thinks too ....

Seriously, anyone (female) out there that doesn't already have a roommate?

Also, if you haven't already bought your plane tickets or made a hotel reservation, I saw that I can buy a 'package' deal through travelocity.com or expedia.com where you get a hotel at the same time as your flight, and you can book the Bahia at a cheaper rate than even what is offered through the 'special' price with AMHA.

Also, for anyone interested, if you get a suite (especially with the package deal), you can sleep two in a bedroom (two beds), and one on a hide-a-bed, and still keep the price down. The hotel also told me that in a regular room, they would charge extra for a rollaway, but if you got a suite, you could put a fourth person on a rollaway at no extra cost, so four people can sleep in their own bed for no extra.

The problem is, if people buy these packages, AMHA won't get credit for filling the rooms and the bill might jump. Part of the deal with motels to get a good price on the meeteing rooms and discounted rates for rooms, the hosting organization has to guarantee that attendees will fill x number of rooms.

Hopefully enough people will attend and stay in the rooms. Plus they try to put the group rooms close together.

Hey Julie, where ya been gal? You are way over due for a visit to the mountain. I think its been two years now! Get a move on. Food is cooking and coffee is on.

Hey, can you imagine if we shared the room? When we get together alll we do is eat eat eat and YAK. Can't leave home though darn it.

I think Al is being bad again
default_risa8.gif

Latest posts

Back