Also need help with a name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
Ok, I give up....I had some ideas that I came up with long ago, locked in my computer at home, which is still down. And I cant think of a thing.

Sire is Grays Smoke Signal.... many of his foals have had the name 'Smoke', 'Smokey', etc.. in the name. He is a black based silver dapple.

Dam is Heather Glens Nutmeg... her foals so far have had some sort of spice or something there. Her dam was Cinnamon Sugar. One foal was Red Hot Chili Pepper, another was Cinnamon Stick.

I figured since she is chestnut, as were both her sire and dam, and the sire's sire was also chestnut (Shadow Oaks Cock Robin x Chianti) that I would probably get a chestnut, if not a silver dapple.

What did I get? BLACK!!!
default_wacko.png

Anybody have any ideas for a name??

How about Heather Glen's Chestnuts Roasting? LOL

Hmmmm..........Heathers Smoke Signal?

Since you were surpised by black why don't you put mystery in there.......Heather Greys Mystery or Heathers Smokey Mystery

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a picture of the little guy needing the name... Hmmmm, Burnt Sage, that is interesting....

Any more suggestions out there?

Nutmeg09colt20days.jpg

Laurie, I think I have the perfect name....you thought you were getting certain colors and got Black!

Well, how about:

Heather Glens Up In Smoke

That name hit me as soon as I finished reading your message. What do you think?
default_smile.png

Oh I love it!!! I will certainly jot that down! I like it, I like it! You may be the winner! (Sorry no prize, just a big thanks if that's what I end up picking, but it does have a ring to it!!!)

Oh I love it!!! I will certainly jot that down! I like it, I like it! You may be the winner! (Sorry no prize, just a big thanks if that's what I end up picking, but it does have a ring to it!!!)
Glad you like it
default_smile.png
I noticed this guy sold very fast! He's very nice looking.

Thank you, yes, he did sell very quickly- this is his usual demeanor. Very upright and thinks he is all that- and I guess he is, LOL. The people who came to see him had been looking for months for the right horse and they just fell in love with him and had to have him- an excellent home too I might add. He is quite the little guy, and LOVES to be petted and scratched on.

P.S. This name just seems to fit and has stuck in my head too! LOL I think that will be it! My neighbors also liked it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back