allergic reaction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attwoode

Reaction score
This evening my stallion was acting a little off so I looked him over really well. I noticed that his lips are rather swollen, his eyelids a little bit too, and raised bumps on his neck and chest. Otherwise he looks good and is eating well, etc. I'm pretty sure it is a reaction to some sort of bug/spider bite or bee sting. The only other thing I can think of is the latex based paint we used last week on the barn. I could see that he was rubbing on it today, but that might just be because of itches from something else. Anybody ever have a horseexperience a reaction to dried latex paint? Would a bee sting cause so much of a reaction?

I moved him from his paddock for the night, rubbed him down with a damp cloth, and a dose of antihistimine powder.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd give him some straight benedryl and call your vet tomorrow...........My concern is that the swelling and lumps could also be occurring in his throat and/or nasal passage.

Latest posts

Back