After a rough start, Scarlet is growing up!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

Some of you may recall that this little filly starting failing about 20 hours after birth and was diagnosed as a "dummy foal" and spent 3 days in the hospital. I know not everyone agreed with the diagnosis, and honestly I don't know what was really wrong with her, but she's better now and we're thrilled!

Today was her first time outside since she was born! She's 13 days old in these pics!

And also, this is probably silly of me, but this is so special for us because she is the VERY FIRST foal that we specifically got to choose the stallion and the mare. We love all our babies, but the rest have all been bred by someone else. This is the result of us using our own knowledge to select just the right stallion for our mare, Goldie.

So, here is Star Ridge Acres Golden Opportunity (Scarlet - barn name suggested by forum member and we love it!)

scarlet13daysleftside.jpg

scarlet13daysrightside.jpg

scarlet13daysrightsiderunning.jpg

Thanks for looking! We just love her!
default_wub.png

Oh! I'm so happy to hear she's doing good!
default_biggrin.png
Looks like she's so full of life and spunk! So the vet stuck with that diagnosis, huh???

Love her name too!!!
default_aktion033.gif
Congrats! She's beautiful!!!!!
default_wub.png

Parmela--I can 100% see why you love her--sooo adorable. She's wrapped tightly around your heart and she's not going anywhere. Right?
default_wink.png

Parmela--I can 100% see why you love her--sooo adorable. She's wrapped tightly around your heart and she's not going anywhere. Right?
default_wink.png
Hi Karla,

Nope, she's not goin' anywhere!!!
default_biggrin.png

Oh she is GORGEOUS!
Is she by Corona?

default_wub.png
Hi Devon,

No, she's not by Corona. She's by a palomino stallion owned by Monette Freeman (but heading to Europe in a couple of months) named Seahorse Olympia Golden Opportunity. We have Corona's first baby coming in late April/early May!
default_aktion033.gif

I am so glad she is better.. I was thinking of her over this weekend when i was having so many problems with my little one. She is absolutely precious!!! Looks like (in that 1st pic) she has that "its all about me" attitude. To Cute!!!
default_wub.png

No, she's not by Corona. She's by a palomino stallion owned by Monette Freeman (but heading to Europe in a couple of months) named Seahorse Olympia Golden Opportunity. We have Corona's first baby coming in late April/early May!
default_aktion033.gif
Aww awesome!

I LOVE Seahorse horses Heads .. She has a beautiful head like her dad!!
default_wub.png
I love the heads on thsoe horses
default_yes.gif

Cant wait to see Coronas
default_smile.png

She looks so animated and spunky! I am so glad things turned out this way for you, she looks like a keeper to me too.

oh wow, What a precious baby girl!

I am so happy to see her all better amd struttin' !!

Congrats on a beautiful baby! Now,,, relax and spoil her rotten.
default_smile.png
)

~Sandy

She is beautiful Parmela! I also cannot wait to see those Corona foalies (foal fillys = foalies ..just made that up, i like it lol)
default_smile.png
;)

Looking at those photos, you would never know she had such a rough start in life. She's a keeper!

Oh Parmela...she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! So happy to see her so nice and healthy after her little scare!!
default_aktion033.gif

She is a cutie, glad to see she's past the road of recovery!

Latest posts

Back