Action videos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

equanox

Reaction score
It seems a hit/ miss. My one mare I have taken a video of has nice action, but is holding back when I have the camera out in the pen. I do not have the best camera, and far away shots will not work if out in the pasture. I want to show the whole package tail up flagging, and really see the leg action. Any suggestions would be great. Here is a okay video of her I took. She is just over 30" and one of our broodmares. Thanks for any help.

Video Clip Link:

http://hopeautorecyclers.bizland.com/siteb...erlilymovie.wmv

I find that the best way to get a video like you want is to keep the horse in a stall for about 24 hours (I usually do over 2 nights and one day) I don't like to do this often, but then the horse gets bored and is excited to get out. Then have someone else lead the horse to your enclosed area and be ready with the camera when the horse is let go. Usually they will be so excited to be outside, they will show the kind of action I think you are looking for. Good luck.

Angie

Thanks, I will have to try that. I find the boys more full of themselves then the girls. Plus when spring comes...... Love is in the air. Lots more showing off for all parties. Will keep working on my skills as well.

Sweetgrass struts her stuff when I put her in bring all the horses in and then put her out on her own and get her runing she nickers and flashes that pretty trot of hers
default_wub.png
:

Put them someplace they aren't used to, like a new/different pasture. Our big horse is very good at getting the minis going - from across the fence of course. We had our minis in the big horse pasture last week and forgot he was in the front yard until he came galloping up the driveway. That got everyone going! Of course it helped that we didn't have the video camera.

Slightly tall grass. Not so much it's obvious though. Also, a plastic bag on the end of a lunge whip, or shaking a bottle filled with small rocks will get their ears up and get them excited.

Latest posts

Back