A legacy comes to an end and new life begins

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamcatcher

Reaction score
I haven't posted much on the forum, but I am a constant lurker.

My Mother passed in December after a short illness, leaving behind a herd of miniature horses. We were able to place most of the herd with the help of a few close friends and my sister and I each kept two. Knowing that she was ill, she didn't cover any mares last year. Of course its destiny that one slips in.

Meet Sandy's Velvet Dream aka "Sandy" after mom. We were blessed by the filly fairy this morning and mom and foal are doing well. I am sure that even though she doesn't have color, my mom would have been very pleased.

DSC_5936Small.JPG

182823_10151076684188465_1568793936_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved mom.
default_sad.png

I'm glad you each kept a few of her horses. Congrats on the pretty filly! I know your mom is watching from above!

Bless you. I feel like you mom is smiling down. Funny how things like this work themselves out. Such a beautiful filly to carry your mom's name.

Sorry for your loss. Something really special about that filly. Enjoy her.

what a beautiful little filly and a perfect name , I think mum would love her

Im very sorry for your loss , I lost my mum too last year , keep her memory alive and she will always be with you

Thank you every one! My mom truelly loved her horses and prided herself in them. I know this one would have been one of her favorites.

So sorry for the loss of your mother... I think this filly is very special
default_smile.png

My condolences on the loss of your mom, its so tough but what a lovely filly to carry on her legacy, such a blessing!

What a great surprize- love the name. Yep, your mom sent you a present!

Latest posts

Back