4H Show - proud mom

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamlandnh

Reaction score
:aktion033: What a weekend. This last weekend was the county qualifier for us. Lizzie is not old enough to go on to States so not as much stress. She had a great weekend even with the events on Sunday morning. We can't thank Bonnie F enough for being a phone call away. She gave Lizzie the strenght to go in that class and come out with a 1 point blue ribbon! THANK YOU BONNIE!

Lizzie ended her weekend show with being the top rider/driver not able to go on to the State Horse Show with 4H. I don't know who was more shocked, me when I looked down and read her name (I was the announcer) or her for hearing her name. I didn't know that I could be any prouder of her and Millie then I was then.

They received the trophy in their Fitting/Showmanship class and received a 1 point blue/trophy in obstacle on Saturday. Then on Sunday little accident with the cart but the two pulled it together and went and received 1 point blue/trophy in reinsmanship and received a blue in pleasure driving.

What a team they both are!! Here are a few pictures from this weekend.

Lizzie/Millie waiting for Fit/Showmanship

HPIM0114.jpg

Lizzie getting Millie for obstacle

HPIM0122.jpg

Lizzie taking her quiz

HPIM0119.jpg

Lizzie Sunday morning getting Millie fresh water

HPIM0135.jpg

Lizzie receiving her Award for Top rider/driver not able to go to State Show

HPIM0172.jpg

Karen

Congradulations, have been a 4H leader and love watching the kids find out how much they are cpable of. Looks like you both had a great experiance.

The pictures don't do these 2 justice.

What you can't see and feel is the incredible love this little girl has for that mare, kids love their horses not unusual but if you told that little girl Millie will never win you another ribbon ever, she would just say thats okay!!!!!!!

Nothing matters to Lizzie except if Millie is happy and okay, she really means it.

I dread to think of anything happening to that mare.

When Diana called yesterday she knew I would tell the truth on Millie and not say she was fine to go ahead and show her if she did have a few things hurt. No way would she have wanted me to do that.

Thank God she was absolutely fine and I could tell Lizzie that Millie was fine and I told her why Millie did what she did, and Lizzie was fine with that.

I sometimes wonder if she is really a 40 year old little person in disguise.

I love watching them together.

Bonnie

Great pics! I love seeing the children doing soemthing positive. You are an awesome for helping make this happen!!!

Oh how exciting....I did 4-H for 10 years myself and then turned around and was a leader all the way up until the time I moved up here. It was sooo much fun and I am very always exciting when my kids do good. Some of them are competitive and hate to loose and then there are the others ones who just have fun. I love to see that.

CONGRATS though on all the wins....

CONGRATULATIONS LIZZIE AND MILLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

See you sat Karen. Linda

I grew up in 4H with riding horses many years ago and had so much fun. Made many friends and several that I'm still close to. When we found that Lizzie was into horses it just seemed like the right direction to head with her. It is so great to have her in a club that her grandmother is head of and I'm a leader in.

Millie is her life and her best friend. I could never explain to anyone the bound that they have, it is more then I ever had.

She is a very grown up little girl...to grown up at times.

See ya Sat - Fred!

Karen

How wonderful! And it's always fun to see how things are different across the country for each organization. For instance, I know about danishs but can you tell me about the quiz and the significance of the "1 point" thingie? Is one point good or bad?! :lol: I want to see more pictures of Lizzie with Millie!

Leia

How wonderful! And it's always fun to see how things are different across the country for each organization. For instance, I know about danishs but can you tell me about the quiz and the significance of the "1 point" thingie? Is one point good or bad?! :lol: I want to see more pictures of Lizzie with Millie!

Leia

On Saturday after our fiting and show class all members have to take a horse knowledge quiz. Difficulty varies based on age and level (beginner, novice, junior, senior). It's based on the Wymoing 4-H book. Their's mulitpul choice, matching, fill in the blank, and list the parts. On the senior quiz we had to list the parts of the digestive system. For a fill in the blanks the question was "Name three small grains or other concentrates often used for horses." There are also (finally!) driving questions. There is also a trophy for the person in each age division for high point quiz.

Pointed blues can range from 1 point to 5 points. Pointed blues are very good. Since all the ribbons have a place value, a pointed blue adds more to the origional value. Sometimes they'll give more then one pointed blue in a class but it would be say a 1 pointed and maybe a 3 pointed blue. They go to the rider/driver that does the best in that class. Pointed blues are helpful when trying for a spot on the county 4-h team.

Hope this helps :bgrin

~Megan

I will go and look for more pictures of Lizzie/Millie. At times I don't get many due to I'm in the class right behind her.

Karen

Big time 4H fan here too, and 5 year as a 4h leader.

She did great and looks great. Very nicely turned out too.

Congrats on a job well done :aktion033:

I was a 4-H leader all through my kids 4-H years. As a matter of fact, I started before they did with a niece of mine. I can't think of anything more rewarding or heart warming than to see a child that loves his/her horse and take care of it! By knowing your group, you know the ones that were really trying, and those that had trainers do their work.

Good luck Lizzie/Millie. May you have many many more years of fun and love together!

Latest posts

Back