4H on Parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendra

Reaction score
This past weekend was 4H on Parade at the Calgary Stampede Grounds. It's a huge event, with 1000 4Hers showcasing their projects, making it the largest youth livestock event in Canada and one of the largest in North America.

This is the fourth year that Miniature Horses have participated in 4H on Parade, and this year we were able to expand our show and get our own time slot instead of fitting in during the lunch break of the light horse show. For our 4H on Parade show our only requirement is that the horses be under 38".

We had 10 entrants from two clubs and they all showed in Showmanship, Halter Obstacle, Hunter and Driving. We offered two levels of each so our members could chose the one they felt comfortable with. For driving, our first level was a ground driving class, for kids and/or horses who were just learning about driving, and I think that it's going to help develop some great young trainers!

Special thank you to Louise Locke for being our judge, Kimberley Locke for designing our courses, and Peter and Terry Holt who came all the way down from Morinville to announce and ring steward for our show!!

If you'd like to see the photos taken by the photographer, they're at http://www.showchampions.com/image_bank/im...toshoot_id=1656

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a beautiful collection of pictures Kendra. The breed was very well reprensented.

Here in New Hampshire we are just getting mini's into 4H. Cheshire County has 2 clubs and I'm the leader of one of them.

In addition to Louise, Kim, Peter and Terry, I think mention needs to be made of Kendra and Charlene Gale, (and perhaps others) who have done a tremendous amount of work with kids and miniatures in 4-H. It was terrific to see them with their "brood" of kids and horses at the Stampede last year.

You have given many kids an experience of a lifetime!!

Rod & Heather

I really believe that I get as much enjoyment out of it as they do, and any work involved and all those stinky meeting are completely worth it when they learn something new or I see a smile like this!!

TS06-36-0058+_full.JPG

Bravo! :aktion033: What a terrific show and presentation of youth and minis! Congratulations - I know the work is never ending but you deserve to be in the mini hall of fame for promoting this fabulous youth project! :aktion033:

:aktion033: Excellent!! :aktion033:

We are in the beginnings of our Miniature Horse Project here, (first year) and only have three kids, but have two in the wings for next year. We had our first Show this past weekend, and although it was raining, and cold...the kids were there all spiffied-up and raring to go.
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back