4 mth old colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weerunner

Reaction score
This colt was born knowing what he is on this earth for. Even when he was first born, the minute a mare peed in the paddock he'd be right over to cover the spot with his own urine. I thought, how cute he thinks he is the herd stallion. Well now he is 4 months old and one of my mares that did not take is in heat, and little Sully is stuck to her like a tick on a dog. Cute I thought, he seems to know she is in heat. Yah right, I go out just now and he is breeding that mare. Full penetration and thrusting, didn't see any semen. So everyone, is he just playing at it, or do I have to worry he might actually impregnate her. I have a stallion here that I am leasing to breed to her that bred her this morning, so this is upsettting to me. What do you all think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously doubt he is fertile but I'd remove the mare just the same, as he A) doesn't need the pratice
default_laugh.png
and B) you don't want the mare to possibly pick up an infection from him practicing all day....

Yes I am afraid some boys are just a pain in the butt, I would also advice you to remove the other mare and book to get him gelded soon unless he is super stallion quality.

This is the last foal from my stallion that I gelded. He's pretty special and I believe he may very well be the replacement for his father in the herd (he also believes this) so I am not having him gelded until I make up my mind and give him some time. Right now I am very impressed with his attitude and conformation. So out went the mare today and she got to go in with the leased stallion (who is very gentle and never pushes himself on the mares). Makes everyone happier except little Sully who feels I've betrayed him. :p

Buy him a ball and he can bonk that. Rofl i have to take my yearlings ball away after an hour cos he gets so over worked. Lol

Latest posts

Back