2nd 2009 Foal for Crayonbox

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
At about 5:30am this morning, 338 days right at sunrise Crayonbox Wild River Canyon gave birth to a gorgeous red blanket/leopard appaloosa filly with star & big snip, and two hind socks. I watched her all night, knew it was going happen soon at 1pm yesterday when her udder got full and tight. Her sire is fewspot appaloosa CCMF Legacy's Color Maker, I leased from Critter Creek for the breeding season last year. I'm thrilled
default_risa8.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
, two loud appy fillies in a row! This one is a paternal sister to Whinny born in April.

It was a tight squeeze, and I did help pull, but everything went well for the most part. She was limp right after she was fully delivered, I knew she had taken a big breath, but she worried me for a few seconds! She arrived on the coldest morning we've had in a long time, there was a bit of frost on the grass this morning! I pulled out the hair dryer to help warm her up!
default_biggrin.png
Waiting for the vet to come later this afternoon to do the IgG and check her out. I sure think she is something special...
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Canyon will get a well deserved break from being a mom after this one is weaned and we will work again on driving and trick training.

Working on a name...I had the perfect one picked out for a colt, but it just doesn't fit her!

Canyonfilly_wet5_5-19-09-465x348.jpg

Canyonfilly6_5-19-09-415x314.jpg

Canyonfilly3_5-19-09-355x289.jpg

More photos and some short video clips can be seen on her webpage.

Now that's my kind of baby!! Congratulations she is gorgeous
default_wub.png
I love Color Maker too, he lived up to his name on this sweet girl
default_laugh.png

Ooh La La!
default_wub.png
She's adorable! I wanna smooch that soft nose! Congrats!

Big congrats!!! Now that is one beautiful and oh so loud little girl. I know u have to be just thrilled with her. I bet she is a keeper!!!
default_wub.png

Oh she is gorgeous, and look at that COLOR!
default_wub.png
Congratulations, how thrilled you must be!!

She is absolutely lovely!
default_wub.png

Name her something with Sienna in it like the reddish brown color of crayola crayons and call her "Sienna". That would be a very pretty name for her.

"Crayonbox Color Makers Frosted Sienna", "Spotted Sienna"....or something like that
default_rolleyes.gif

WOW!!! Congrats and she is beautifully marked!!! How big is she? How big is mama?

Kim, I can hardly wait to come play with your new baby. You sure got your wish list filled this year, two loud fillies, can't get any better than that!!! Colormaker sure lived up to his name this year. whoo hoo. You have some awesome colors coming out of the crayonbox. Beautiful refined heads and gorgeous big expressive eyes oo la la. Congratulations.

just took a quick peek at the forum as time is short here these days doing show prep, but I had to stop by and say Congratulations on a very colorful filly! So happy for you! Lavonne

Latest posts

Back