2 foals with colic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royal Crescent

Reaction score
Please say a prayer for 2 of Sue's foals.
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif
They are both at the vet clinic with colic. These 2 are always hanging out together, so you have to wonder what they may have gotten into that would have them getting sick at the same time.
default_no.gif
Keep her in your thoughts.

Barb

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending prayers!!! Dang foals put everything in their mouths just like human babies.

I so hope they survive.

I just lost one(my first), and it is so painful.

Holding them in the Light!

Lildrummer

Oh, this is terrible. I will keep them in my prayers. It would be such a shame to lose such a special little filly.

Please keep us posted,

Barbara

default_no.gif
Sending prayers and positive thoughts for the little babies!!!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers, it takes so much to get a healthy foal on the ground and so much more to keep them that way. My heart goes out to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Pray for the dear little ones that they have a speedy recovery and playing in the pasture kicking up heels and running. FLFlyingW

Update:

The foals had tummy aches from being out on green grass in their pasture which created a lot of gas and made them colic.

Filly #1 has pretty much gotten past it and is coming home today.

Filly #2 was much worse yesterday. She had a fever, an elevated white count, and was very bloated, so a decision had to be made about surgery. She had surgery last night and they found that she had flipped her colon and it was about to burst because of so much gas build-up. They un-flipped it, flushed her out and aspirated the gas in the colon. She is holding her own today, and is starting to nurse. She is not out of the woods yet but hopefully she will be home in a couple of days.

Thanks for your continued prayers.

Barb

Oh dear!!!!!!!!! I hope both babies fully recover with no more problems. Any news on the second one?

Please look at the post from Albahurst. Marbles, the brindle/possible chimera filly is the foal that required surgery. Please keep her in your thoughts!

Barb

Latest posts

Back