2 FANTASTIC CLINICS with MIKE McCABE from the NORTHEAST MINIATURE HORSE CLUB!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt]In our tradition of bringing you the Best of the Best the[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Northeast Miniature Horse Club[/SIZE]
Cordially Invites You To
[SIZE=18pt]A WEEKEND of CLINICS with MIKE McCABE[/SIZE]
McCabe.jpg

World-Renowned Breeder, Trainer & Judge
April 12 and 13, 2008
The Carriage Barn Equestrian Center
6 Sarahs Way, Newton, NH
in the historic Kettle Carriage House
(with heat and modern restrooms)
&
In the spacious Indoor Arena
Registration and Coffee at 8:30 a.m.
Clinic to begin at 9:00 a.m. sharp!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Northeast Miniature Horse Clubs Annual
AMHA Amateur Clinic with Mike McCabe
Hands-on Training of the Halter Horse
Including tips on Conditioning, Grooming,
Show Ring Prep & Presentation
Special presentation on the nutritional needs of the Miniature Horse, presented
by Reneé Mariniello of Platform Miniature Horse Feed
Saturdays Amateur Clinic is FREE to all AMHA Amateur and Youth members
(Cards must be current for the 2008 show season!)
NMHC Members without Amateur cards $10
Non-NMHC members without cards $30
Our Famous Gourmet Potluck Lunch Buffet is Included
On Saturday evening, we invite you to join Mike McCabe and the Northeast Miniature Horse Club members
for an Informal Dinner and Conversation at
Pond View Restaurant
Kingston, NH
On Sunday April 13, at 8:00 a.m.
NMHC is proud to Present
Our 2nd Annual Mike McCabe Driving Clinic
Beginning with Mikes not-to-be-missed
Round Pen Demonstration
Followed by private driving lessons
for you and your horse.
Auditors Welcome ~ Q & A Encouraged
Driving Clinic Costs
Private Lesson with your horse – 50 minutes ~ $100
To Audit: a ringside seat for the private lessons ~ $20
(Auditors - Please bring your own chair for Sunday)
These MUST be reserved and paid for in advance.
Please contact coordinator Dru Crowell: [email protected] ~ (508) 430-1725
SLOTS FOR THE PRIVATE DRIVING LESSONS ARE FILLING FAST, PLEASE
RESERVE ASAP!
DONT MISS OUT!
Also Featured - A Silent Auction Table
Including a totally reconditioned set of Double K Clippers; A consignment of rack of gorgeous,
gently worn Show Clothes; Mini ‘facialing kits to put that Professional Finish on YOUR Show
Horse; Show Halters ~ Harness & Related Equipment and Much more!
We will also have flea market table space available for $10 to sell your wares.
~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday April 12:
The Amateur Clinic on Saturday is FREE To all AMHA Amateur and Youth card holders.
Cards must be current for the 2008 season!
Fees: NMHC Members without Amateur cards $10
Non-NMHC members without cards $30
Lodging:
Rooms available at The Kettle Carriage House Bed and Breakfast on Premises ~ 603-
378-0140
NMHC has also reserved a block of rooms at Comfort Suites, Haverhill, MA, about 7
miles away $68/night includes breakfast (978) 374-7755
(Mention Northeast Miniature Horse Club Clinic & reserve by April 4)
Stalls available for your driving horses at the Carriage Barn ~ 603-348-0140
Visit www.northeastminis.org/calendar.htm for the Clinic Reservation Form
SEATING IS LIMITED ~ DONT BE LEFT OUT!
PLEASE RESERVE BY TUESDAY, APRIL 1 TO GUARANTEE YOUR SPACE
For the Amateur Clinic or to Audit the Driving Clinic
THE PRIVATE DRIVING LESSONS WITH MIKE ARE FILLING FAST, PLEASE
RESERVE ASAP!
[SIZE=14pt]For additional information and Reservation forms, please visit our website at [/SIZE]
Northeast Miniature Horse Club Calendar Page

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish we had something like this in my area. I think last year they had something like this in Sacramento (130 miles away) but after my last trip over the mountain (spun on ice with the trailer) I don't think I want to make that trip any time real soon.

Will the new measuring rule be a main topic of discussion among the members present at the Clinic? Or do you think that people will have moved on to something else by then??? Will there be a demonstration of how to find the "base of the withers"?

Ah would love to be able to come and do this, but yet again our Racing club's season opener is that same weekend in NY.
default_no.gif

I wanted to clarify that this clinic is NOT JUST FOR PEOPLE WHO SHOW, and it is also NOT geared to AMHA minis only, or even registered horses. There will be valuable information shared that can benefit everyone with an interest in minis. (And hey, targetsmom, I think maybe we will stay OUT of the measuring fray, since nothing takes effect til 2009.
default_smile.png

AMHA sponsors these Amateur Clinics by giving us a small grant to defray expenses. In exchange, we must admit any currently carded AMHA Amateur at no charge. Our club has also included carded Youth.

Mike McCabe will be happy to take on horses at any level of training, even helping you to hook your horse for the first time if that is where you need help. Or he will get you started properly ground driving your horse. Or fit your harness, etc, etc.

If you have any interest in driving your mini, even watching Mike McCabe teach someone else can be an amazing learning experience, and a bargain at a $20 audit fee on Sunday.

And of course, if you are already showing your driving mini, he can help put the finishing touches on your show ring performance.

The Northeast Miniature Horse Club is very excited about our expanded clinic this year, and we sincerely hope that many of you can join us!

Cindy

I've gone to Mikes clinic he has held here in Ohio the past two years (well last year only went the first day, allergies were acting up:() but his clinics are fun and i learn something new every time.

NH is a bit of a drive though ..i think i will hold out for the clinic here in Ohio this spring
default_laugh.png

I agree!! I attended a Mike McCabe clinic and I learned so much!!

For anyone interested he holds one at his farm in Ohio every year

He came up to BC in July last year and he was amazing
default_new_shocked.gif
If anyone has the chance to go to his clinics, take the chance, it well worth it!

I had a driving lesson with Mike at this clinic last year and you should SEE what his just getting in the cart did to Lyric!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kristina took pictures and if she hadn't. I'd never believe it! She was beautiful and her movement was fantastic! Mike brought it out in her. Then he taught me what he'd done. The man is fantastic! He is also fun and understanding, and will spend the time to help with individual problems or teach you that "little edge" to help you along.

I cannot wait for my lesson this year with a very GREEN gelding by Little Wardance. And if Molly can come she'll bring along Armani as well!

The first day Mke will teach everyone the clipping, handling, training secrets we've all seen him do in the ring.......Well, he MAY keep a few to himself, but he'll have us all understanding the ins and outs of showing and training, then move on to the round pen and driving! Bring your questions, and be prepared to enjoy yourself.

This is THE CLINIC you don't want to miss!

Oh yes, also don't eat for two days before coming, because the food is fantastic!

dru

I had a driving lesson with Mike at this clinic last year and you should SEE what his just getting in the cart did to Lyric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to add this photo of Dru's Lyric and Mike from the clinic last year...... The knowledge that Mike shared with us during those 2 days last year was unbelievable. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the clinic this year, but would in a heartbeat if I didn't have a previous engagement.....

Mike took Lyric's reins and WOW.....

Drivingclinic003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait!!!! I am going and I'll be doing 2 lessons with Mike I hope my head does not explode!!!

I have taken my harness out to clean it and really am glad to have something fun to think about planning for other that this nasty snow we keep getting. If I can focus on this clinic weekend then it helps to keep my eye on spring!!! It's bound to come soon.
default_aktion033.gif

I brought a very, very green horse to Mike's driving clinic last year -- one of our stallions, Millstones All Revved Up. I had been ground driving him, but had never hitched him. What Mike was able to get Rev to do was amazing! He first worked him in a roundpen, then did some ground driving outside and before long, he was in the cart driving Rev.

I encourage everyone to attend this clinic -- even if you can't bring your own horse, you'll still learn more than you ever thought you could. Mike is an amazing trainer and he is one of those rare trainers who can actually teach.

Here's a pic of Rev:

AllRevvedUp.jpg

and here are two of him with Mike from last year's clinic:

Drivingclinic007.jpg

Drivingclinic005.jpg

I have just been told that because of the way the amateur clinic agenda is working out on Saturday, we may have a couple of slots open for driving lessons with Mike on late Sat. afternoon, as well as all day Sunday.

So if Sunday was not working out for you, you might be able to schedule a lesson for Saturday. Contact our Driving Clinic coordinator Dru (Gaitorbait) Crowell at [email protected]

That's great news for a lot of people who want to attaend both clinics but aren't able to stay over Staurday night. I'm one of those people. Rev's lesson is Saturday and I can't wait!

And don't forget -- there is stabling available at the Carriage Barn for this clinic if you need it.

Latest posts

Back