1950's Era Morbid Valentines Day Card I Found

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenay

Reaction score
I found this card in an old building here on our property. With Valentines Day coming up, i'd thought I better share a card from the 50's era made by Hallmark.

It's rather morbid though,,,,,,,,,,,,

(Here is an enlarged scan)

1950sValentine.jpg

**** UPDATE! ****---I Forwarded it to Hallmark! . We shall see what they have to say
default_wink.png

(Edited to add a clearer pic).

EDIT:

Updated with a new Valentine for Gramma :

Here is another card I scanned today that was addressed to "Gramma".

scan0003-1.jpg

default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. if somone gave me that, I don't know if I would laugh or cry. LOL. Pretty cool you picked it up.....those kinds of things are neat. Thanks for sharing.
default_smile.png

I couldn't believe it was a Hallmark
default_laugh.png
. It is also signed on the back 'Grandad' .

I do have a Christmas one that i'll have to find. It's funny, but in an "Engrish" sort of way. It's the same era also, plus a few more in with that collection that i'll bring up in the next day or so.

I hope i'm not offending anyone either by posting that one. If I did, I truly apologize. I was shocked to find it, and it still has me raising an eyebrow.

Oh dear, I don't believe that's a valentine I'd want my kids to come home with! :DOH! Although, I have to admit that it made me laugh. It will be interesting to see what Hallmark says about this card.
default_wink.png

It looks exactly like what one boy would give another at school.

I have all my dad's old Valentines from the 30's. Children are tomahawked, gangstered, shot with arrows, boiled in a headhunter's pot, and other generally exaggeratead things. I think we are too instense nowdays. Anyway, would you want a skunk for a Valentine?

That is different! LOL!! I'd love to see the other cards you found!
default_laugh.png

That's hilarious!!!!
default_laugh.png
Be interesting to see what Hallmark says! I see an ebay sale coming up on these! Bet you could make a few bucks!!
default_biggrin.png

I can't wait to hear what their PR department says about that one!

That's great! Did you really send the original back to Hallmark??? I'd keep it! I agree with the person who suggested the E-Bay idea.....

Gee !! Time haves changed :DOH! LOL

Last edited:
WOW...Hallmark would never get away with that these days! It's funny, strange, and morbid all at the same time....I like it
default_biggrin.png

Neat find!

And the character on it is a skunk! It's a stinker of a valentine, all right! Too funny, for sure!

That's great! Did you really send the original back to Hallmark??? I'd keep it! I agree with the person who suggested the E-Bay idea.....

I have all the cards here, and only have sent the Jpeg's to Hallmark. I also found a BEAUTIFUL Sewing Machine as well. It seems to be a 'Brother Deluxe' sewing machine from the 50's. It's in wonderful condition, and almost looks to have silver on it. Will take pictures of it soon.

Latest posts

Back