Maiden mare at 331 days in foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto that
default_smile.png

amniotic fluid is like water and when it breaks there is a lot of it so no i don't think it is but it can be secretions from the cervix have you seen the mucus plug ? My mare last year did the same thing then she lost the plug . Keep an eye on her since she is due anytime
default_smile.png

Well no baby 353. My mare was pasture bred from April tell June, with a visual breeding on May 17-20 starting to think that breeding did not take and she was rebred in June

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we have given up on our mare.mshe has no change to bag or vulva or belly. She is either not pregnant or still has a month to go

We'll hope she has another month to go, and just watch "critically" to see changes. If she has another month to go, then you should start seeing changes in her udder shortly.

Crossing fingers and looking forward to more pictures and watching her!

try to feel it , you are supposed to be able to , it is the only reliable way i have to tell if my mare are in foal , i can start to feel them as soon as 5 and a half month , by the end of pregnancy it is quite easy you can sometime see the belly move by itself lol , or while she eats put your hand in front of her udder and wait !
default_smile.png

My vet checked her I'm sure she's prego. The problem is she was pasture bred April through June. She was seen being bred on May 17-20th that would make her about 353 today, but she still has no milk. I don't think I have fescue in my pasture I seed it with winter rye and Bermuda. She's a maiden mare so it's all a crap shoot, oh and this is our second foal the first was red bag and not in proper position and we lost foal. So, all that being said, WE ARE A WRECK

don't worry that much , if she is in foal she may just have couples of weeks to go , mine was last bred june 15 pasture bred too and foaled today at 328 days , maybe she just got in foal late in june ?

I had same experience with my first foal years ago. Very sad and it definitely leaves a mark. My girls are being poked and proded every day, while I check for changes. Can never be too safe
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back