Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't able to even consider getting photos of fatty this evening...she was way too cranky, lol. She wouldn't stand still for anything. Even trying to get a photo of her side, she came over and stuck her nose in my face. She is really acting kind of off...I did see that her nips were pointing more downward even though her bag wasn't any bigger. Didn't get much of a look at her backside, but she did seem a little more elongated, though nothing to write home about. She is eating her hay right now. I will definitely be watching her though, lol.

Sometimes they go through a real cranky stage when bubs does that final shift into position, one of my girls is a pain to handle at that point as everything I do seems to annoy her! Painted Lady seems to have passed her cranky stage and has become very clingy, both towards me and her paddock mate. Another of my girls rubs on everything in the final days, trees, fence, me, water trough. You can see how individual they are about it, they love to keep us guessing!

It was funny, because now she is very needy. Comes over, away from her hay, stands by me, sticks her nose in my face, and just stays there. Then she will nudge on my pants. She doesn't go back to her hay until I am back inside the house.

Really is begining to sound like a Robin v Painted Lady race
default_wink.png

Now wouldn't it be funny if they went around the same time
default_new_rofl.gif
As long as I get the filly fairy and the pinto fairy, I have the perfect name for a pinto filly!!

Lol, That would be pretty funny! We should both get Pinto fillies! Then it would just be perfect ;)

Well we have very similar chances!

Both stallions are black tobiano, both mares are chetsnut tobiano. Painted Lady just adds splash to my mix. We so need matching foals!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Alright foal fairies/pixies/gnomes/etc you have our order, you know their due soon so clear your schedules!
default_new_rofl.gif

2 days of foal alarms and I've already lost it
default_wink.png

Lol, I see nothing wrong with your comments...maybe I have lost it as well??

Probably
default_yes.gif

My usual pattern is a get even sillier when the alarm is on, after those few days I get crankier and crankier...I become "Zombie Wings/Bree"
default_new_rofl.gif
My friends and family go into hiding until it's all over, but the Aunties here find it funny
default_xbud.gif

Hey at least we get some entertainment while waiting for our own little ones ;)

Well, I didn't think it possible, but the winch seems to have fooled me. It looks as though the baby is no longer in position to come into the outside world. I guess we aren't as close as it seemed. Here are pics from tonight.

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

wow back to being wide load alert!! LOL oh dear poor thing! now, we don't want her foaling until that baby changes position
default_smile.png

she sure looks happy and healthy though
default_smile.png
I would like to see a little more filling of that udder and then we are good to go
default_smile.png

haha yes we LOVE zomby Bree she is so much fun LOL ( we are all crazy here so thats why we all get along so well hehe)

come on girls the race is on!!

I am officially pouting now...

Sad thing is, I JUST found out that she was pregnant and I am completely impatient. Could you imagine if I would have known all along??
default_frusty.gif

The first few months are easy! They're the stallion's concern then
default_wink.png
Then you wait a bit to see if a baby belly forms (or you test them) and then you watch the belly grow and it is all this wonderful far away thing.

Then you bring the mares in and you wait...and wait...

....and wait

..and wait some more.

You've jumped straight into the worst stage!
default_new_rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back