Chablis and Rosie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
Yea!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Thank you for the update.Happened to be watching when you were feeding and checking. Was hoping to hear. Still watching.
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked

I could use some extra eyes tonight. I don't think anything is going to happen but I'm on the couch under 2 blankets (one of them electric) with chills. I'll probably sleep in the livingroom and the computer is in the bedroom. Would hate for her to get sneaky on me and have a problem.

default_saludando.gif
sorry to hear you are not feeling well...hope you get better soon
default_yes.gif

ill be watching your babys as much as i can...but it does sound like rosie could foal today/tonight

whats the time where you are now......

Thank you for the extra eyes ladies! I didn't get much sleep last night hacking up my lungs every 30 minutes. Anyone have a guaranteed home remedy to cure coughing?

I think we still have a couple days on Rosie. Her bag is increased and full, but not where it should be. She's still not testing ready so......who knows. I do know you can almost set your watch by her behavior. Watch her starting around 1pm CST and I bet she'll be stall walking again.

If you see anything interesting, call the first number. I'll be home trying to catch up on sleep.

default_saludando.gif
I thought thay where both going into labour about 10min before you feed them.. wow thay know when

your coming with breakfast LOL LOL

default_saludando.gif
I thought thay where both going into labour about 10min before you feed them.. wow thay know when

your coming with breakfast LOL LOL
LOL! Yes, they know when I'm coming. I changed up my feeding routine so they are a little put out that they are last now. I told them that's what they get for being teases and not showing me their foals.
default_wink.png
Chablis thinks she's starving (she's hog fat) so she's a little overly dramatic.

I hope you feel better soon, Carin. I have been watching your beautiful girls on and off through the past days. Maybe they are waiting for you to feel better so you could enjoy their foals a little more
biggrin.gif

Both looking way to settled to be having any babies soon so i will look back in later
default_yes.gif

Update tonight:

Rosie is about the same. A little crabby about her bag being handled. Chablis' bag was increased this evening but no change in colostrum. Vulva was reddened though.

I noticed that Rosie has layed sown the last couple of nights. I hadn't been seeing her do that. Maybe that's a good sign that we'll have changes in the morning
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

All looking quiet on the cam at the moment - Chablis is filling her tummy with something and Rosie is hiding her front end off camera!

Come on girls - we need a baby fix.
default_yes.gif

We're getting closer! Both mares had reddened vulvas this morning. Chablis bag was a little fuller and warmer. If we can get everything to work together, we'll see some babies!
default_yes.gif

I am feeling MUCH BETTER! Thank you! Mucinex Fast Max ROCKS!
default_aktion033.gif

The girls are pretty active today it looks like. Both have been stall walking (though now they're resting). Chablis is whipping her tail up a storm and has been kicking her belly. I hope to see some pH changes this evening!

will pull them up tomorrow morning first thing which should be around midnight cam time
saludando.gif

Both girls hiding again.. did have a bit of a pace around just now with theyr tails high but have settled again..
default_aktion033.gif
looking good
default_aktion033.gif

Oh Chablis laying down now
default_unsure.png
oh back up again

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they are definately acting more foalish today. Of course, we could still have days of watching ahead of us. I'll know more this evening when I get home to check their bags and vulvas. I do admit that I prefer they stay in their corners. That way I know nothing is going on and I don't have to hold my breath everytime they take a lap!
default_new_shocked.gif

I did see Chablis roll but it doesn't look like her bag has gotten any bigger since this morning.

Rosie munching but her tail is still very high
default_unsure.png

Latest posts

Back