Winter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhondaalaska

Reaction score
Hi everyone

It is official , winter is here in Alaska.

We have frozen water buckets , and snow.

Is it winter where you are yet?

Thank goodness No! We have had the most amazing fall day with brilliant blue skies and sunshine. it rained yesterday, hard, so the leaves are almost jewel like, with the occasional water droplet reflecting all that sunshine. Sadly I had to spend most of the day running errands and didn't get to go driving. Thats because they predicted rain for today so I scheduled indoor activities
default_sad.png
Hopefully tomorrow is as nice but I can feel winter creeping ever closer. It starts with your area and crawls like a black cloud across the north moving ever southward. I expect at best another week or 2 of fall before it is clearly and obviously winter here too.

We were in the low 70's today - it's going to warm up to the mid 80's, which is just fine by me! It does get "chilly" at night - low 50's. Yup, i sure love the weather here in the high desert!

Liz N.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, we have had some REALLY cold, freezing weather, complete with snow and high winds on several occasions already this year. MUCH ealier than it should be, but at least it does get up to above freezing during the day. Today was really nice, hitting the mid-50's this afternoon! Was the first time in the last 2 weeks we were able to get out for a nice horseback ride.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Not yet Thank God. today was chilly tomorrow in the low 70's so the temps have been back and forth from chilly to warm again it doesn't usualy get really frozen water cold here till December or January but we have been having some days lately just in the 50's so although it feels cold not just yet and I'm definitely not in a hurry for cold I would love to enjoy some more fall weather first

We're on the verge of winter. Leaves are long gone leaving bare trees, flurries already and ice in the morning on the buckets. Haven't had a day out of the 40s in a while and no sun.
default_no.gif
Horses love it though because there are no bugs around and hay is plentiful.

I've often wanted to live in Alaska so I'm very envious Rhonda!

Yes, snow already and winter coat/mittens weather since a couple of weeks ago. An early start.

Not here, leaves are in great color, temps in 60's and low 70's. today was gorgeous, tomorrow I plan to take my battery powered scooter out on the rail trail next to our farm and enjoy some of the colors.

Why a scooter? I broke my right ankle a month ago and it is bad enough to put me off work on disability and sentenced to my recliner with the leg elevated. The doc says it will be another five months to heal! So, no walking or biking the trail for me.

Latest posts

Back