Water softeners with horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margaret

Reaction score
I am wondering if any one out there uses a "water softening system" with their horses. My hubby installed one a while back, (potassium based) and I found out that my horse auto waters are hooked up to it. I can continue to use it on my horses, or switch them back over to the origional city water system.. (they dont seem to care either way) Does anyone have any insight on this?

[SIZE=12pt]Hi Margaret[/SIZE]

We have "softened" water for our horses, and they dont mind it a bit!

If I was in your shoes...I'd leave it that way...I LOVE not having rusty buckets, as unsoftened water seems to scum up your buckets quickly.

We had unsoftened water at our old place, and I could hardly stand the smell of it, let alone the thought of them drinking that stinky water!

They drink what we drink! :bgrin

Wow, Thanks Belleastar-07! I noticed my husband telling my son not to water his plants with it, cause apparently the plants dont assimilate the potassium like we do- and thats what got me to thinking, it might not be good for the horses.. But after hearing your reply, I guess were on the right track after all.
default_yes.gif
: And your right, the water buckets clean up real easy now,-without all the scrubbing. Take care :saludando:

Latest posts

Back