VONAGE...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HobbsFarm

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Does anyone use Vonage for their phone service? I am paying almost $40 just for the minimum service with our local company, that includes ONLY locals calls, no caller ID, call waiting, no long distance. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Vonage claims to have every bell and whistle you would ever need plus unlimited long distance for $24.99/month. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Before I switched over, I just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Thanks! Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Susan uses it for her office. It seems to work quite well. All the features. Of course you must have a reliable broadband internet service.

The nice thing is the internet email connection. It emails her email whenever she gets a call at her office. She can check incoming calls and messages from anywhere with her laptop and listen to them either by calling in or thru the computer. You can also save the message as a wav file onto your computer and listen to it over or file it with that clients file. You can also get tons of statistics.

If you move you simply take the Vonage voice adapter with you and you number goes with you. Your basic unit gives you up to 2 numbers. If you want to add more, Vonage just sends you another adapter. Each active phone call takes about 90kb of yout broadband.

default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Susan uses it for her office. It seems to work quite well. All the features. Of course you must have a reliable broadband internet service.
The nice thing is the internet email connection. It emails her email whenever she gets a call at her office. She can check incoming calls and messages from anywhere with her laptop and listen to them either by calling in or thru the computer. You can also save the message as a wav file onto your computer and listen to it over or file it with that clients file. You can also get tons of statistics.

If you move you simply take the Vonage voice adapter with you and you number goes with you. Your basic unit gives you up to 2 numbers. If you want to add more, Vonage just sends you another adapter. Each active phone call takes about 90kb of yout broadband.

default_smile.png
This is a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway.
default_unsure.png
If I used call forwarding and forwarded my calls from my cell to my home phone, would I be using my cell minutes? I just ask because no one really has my home phone, my husband and I only use our nextels. Most everyone that calls our home phone is a telemarketer anyway.

Another question about vonage... If I am using my laptop and someone calls, will caller ID pop up on my screen?

I may have confused you. Vonage does not work thru your laptop. It works thru your regular phone. To see your calls you have to log on to your account on Vonage. When you gat a call and miss it thru Vonage it sends an email to your email account.

Your phone lines in your house must be connected to the Vonage voice adapter. This may require some rewiring.

On the cell phone, yes, probably. since your cell phone will be just forwarding the call.

i hate it. i have a friend that has it and everytime he calls it cuts out or we have problems hearing him. it also has a ton of static. I have begged him to go back to a normal phone lol

I have a friend in the (phone business) he sets up new systems. I asked him about them the other day and he said, "they are cr@p")

Robin

Latest posts

Back