Veterinarian's visit yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
Veterinarian was out to do shots here on some of my horses and she took a look at 338 days in foal Intrepid...her observations....

"Wow, she has a lot of edema in front of her udder. And she is bagged up." (Yawn...been looking at that bag for some time now...
default_wacko.png
: )

"Wow, she is very lax behind - when she moved I could see it jiggle!" (Definite jello-butt!)

"Her tail is really up, isn't it?" (More so than usual).

Coupled with startling big every 5 seconds, getting very uncomfortable and eating drinking slowly and being nasty to her pasture mates, one WOULD think we are getting closer.... :no:

Milk strips holding at hardness 200 ppm, pH 7.5 but alkalinity has come back down to something I can at least read on the chart, second from the right, which I believe would correspond to the pH change we saw.

Veterinarian laughed and asked if we have any weather fronts coming in - not until Wednesday night-Thursday to my knowledge - cold front and then our daytime temps are to go back down into the low 60's (we were at 80 yesterday).

I said full moon on Saturday and she laughed and said she would make a prediction that Intrepid will not wait until then. She laughed again and said she has been wrong but according to the textbook, Intrepid LOOKS ready.... guess I better show Intrepid that textbook so she can get down to business. After all, how many of us actually listen to the doctor's advice? :lol:

I predict I will be typing here with my cup of tea and Junior will still be onboard his mom, waiting for launch date to arrive.
default_yes.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

Tomorrow is the full moon isn't it? how is she looking/doing now?

JJay

Tomorrow is the full moon isn't it? how is she looking/doing now?

JJay

About the same. :no: The storm that came through last night looked promising - her vulva was very loose and even with her hindquarters but nothing happened.

She is VERY clingy to her best buddy Finisterre - and when I go to pull a milk sample off of her she actually cocks the opposite hind leg the way mares nursing their foals do....

It won't be tonight but I am hoping tomorrow is a different story...

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back