Unusual or Not???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Magic

Reaction score
Okay about two weeks ago we made a deal to bring home this poor thing goat. Well, she follows me everywhere, as I give her treats 24/7 to put some weight on this little pregnant goat. I think she would have been a rescue if we had not of taken her home. So here's the odd part....

I understand the goat going up and down our front steps, trying to catch the door ajar to get in the house, but on Fri. we got our new mini mare home.... and you know what???? She goes up and down the steps with the goat!!!!!She just came in the house, and went to the freezer. She can't open it yet, but she she stood there, until I got her a handful of frozen grapes... (a favorite treat I use around here). Then she went, checked out the kids bedrooms, and went and stood in front of the front door to get back out! As soon as she carefully climbed down the stairs, she pee'd... (which I was afraid she'd do in the house)!

Were living in a mobile home, until our new home is finished being built, around the corner.. (they say June 1 we are get in.... knowing buildings.... I'm thinking I'm camped here until July! more likely).

So do mini horses usually climb up and down steps???

God Bless

Lynn W

Either I have a new mini mare that makes the others look like dummies... or the others really are dummies.... (they have been trying to get up the stairs for a year, and con't get the back legs moving up).

What do you think?

Oh, and she's AMHA .... so... she's not part goat!

Yes, some of them do.

When I lived at the old farm a few years ago, I had to run in to use the bathroom. Leaving Maggie outside to eat grass or so I thought.

I opened the Bathroom door to come out..and Maggie had walked up the three stairs, into the house and was waiting for me right at the bathroom door.
default_rolleyes.gif
: She just gave me that cute look of... what'ya doing.

Sigh ~~ After that I had to be very careful not to leave the door to the house open when Maggie was around. :lol:

My mare is not a registered mini and is probably a touch over 38" but she has climbed stairs before. Maybe your new girl just knows how to speak goat and the goat told her about the treats in the house. LOL

Latest posts

Back