Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quicksilver is a great name. So happy to hear all is well with the little man!! And so excited about the picture. The beautiful one you did for me just took my breath away, and I know how much it will mean to her! The drawing is just beautiful!

So glad to hear that the little man has recovered, Quicksilver certainly suits him! And that trot - Suzie's movement for sure, well done Suz for passing it on!

The picture that you are doing for your friend is just beautiful, she will love it and love you for the thought. You are very talented my friend.

(apologies for the funny text - laptop is playing silly bu**ers at the moment!!)

Thanks everyone
default_smile.png
it may be quicksilver yet lol

Picture is finished and given to my friend, her and her mum started crying when they saw it saying it looked just like him,

This is the finished copyimage.jpg

Did some more halter training with pippin, not leading yet, just wearing the halter while I'm with him for extended periods of time....

Tried to put a pic of him in his halter but it won't let me... Will try later
default_smile.png

Cassie, it is simply beautiful, and you are such a special person for making these VERY special gifts for people. There is nothing more enjoyed by me, than the one you did of my Spotty, and it still featured in my livingroom, where I enjoy it every day.

Can't wait to see even more of the little man!!

It's just beautiful Cassie - the perfect gift for your friend.
default_yes.gif

We have finally decided on a show name for Pippin
default_smile.png

Meet "Classic K Silver Legacy"

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Day two of leading lessons today handling it so well, we walk from the stable to the paddock in the morning and from the paddock to the stable In the evening this morning I was even able to let Suzie off the lead and graze and just walk around with my Cookie Monster on the lead! Such a good boy! ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just perfect, Cassie. A great name for a beautiful little boy!!! We want to see that name in ribbons!!

Thank you both! ?

Haha Diane, fingers crossed!

It was my Finnley mans 3rd birthday yesterday, little bug can't believe its been three years ago that we were all waiting and waiting for Suzie to give up her baby!

Such a funny little kid. Love the finnster

WOW!! THREE YEARS!! So it was three years ago that our wonderful Suz got this forum started! Where has the time gone??? But i will say a huge thank you to Suzie as the past three years have been such fun, making new friends, sharing jokes and laughter, celebrating so many joyous occasions but also being able to support new friends through the sad moments as well. The world has become such a small place as we have shared our lives and experiences.

So again I say THANK YOU SUZIE!
default_cheers.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Love the latest pics of your beautiful boy Cassie and that name is just perfect for him.
default_yes.gif

Yes, I remember that small group of friends watching Suzie in Australia and Heidi's special girl -- with all the antics that Heidi had for us each night in the stall. It was a wonderful time -- but it led to even better times here in the past 3 years with many new friends and these special little ladies to watch and worry over.

I'm so pleased we have so many friends now, and am excited each time someone joins us or comes back to let us into their barns to watch these special babies arrive. We've had good times and sad times, but each person is appreciated for sharing their experiences with us. And I hope we are a help to all our friends.

My little fluffy man is almost 3 months old can you believe it??!!! He is such a fluffy mushroom! I keep seeing everyone's sleek new babies and think why is mine so fluffy!!

Any ideas how I can help him lose his coat? I've been brushing him heaps and have started rugging him on the cooler nights... Ideas would be appreciated, SuZie is almost to summer coat! She's so fat but looks AMAZING! Definitely hope to get her out to some broodmare classes later in the season! ?

Pippin is doing well, such a funny little lover!

I never seem to see him trotting though, if he runs anywhere he always canters, any ideas why that could be?

He's doing great with lead training and we even had a tie up lesson the other day while I was giving him scratches, did fantastic!

Pics for you
default_smile.png
of my fluffy chicken mushroom! Such a fatty!!! ( is he too fat? And how do I reduce his weight?)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's also calving time, we have 5 new babies! One I had to deliver, so glad we have the calf puller, no way was that mumma getting him out herself, thankfully we saved both calf and mum and they're doing great!image.jpg

image.jpg

LOL you make me laugh- Fluffy Mushroom.....

Hes so adorable cassie
default_smile.png
I dont clip mine and if I can remember correctly squirt was still really fluffy as a yearling.

3 Months old - where has the time gone ?

Its great to hear how well he is doing & love seeing the updated pics of him and suze hanging out
default_thumbup.gif

Hehe well he is the colour of a mushroom lol it kinda has stuck lol

Yeah no clipping for me as I want to show him as a weanling and you can't clip foals and show them

Got the chance to see how his head will look without the fluff this morning as it had rained the night before and he was playing in the wet grass, I'm in love all over again haha!

image.jpgimage.jpg

I just love his head lol

Want the rest of his body to be unfluffy so I can see how that looks lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg he still loves paying with his ball ?

Mushroom is a cutie!! And it's hard to believe it's been 3 months for sure! And Suzie must have some high octane milk, I've never seen such a plump mushroom before. He looks great, as does his precious momma.

So glad you were able to save the calf. Those calf pullers are wonderful!!

So no clipping in Australia? Showing is so different here. We clip everyone to show even the little ones. Mine were always clipped by the 2nd week of life at the latest. I can't wait to see how he does when the time comes.

Last edited:
I dont show but I am sure the little ones get clipped here in Oz. Lady whom i bought squirt off clipped hers and their babys aswell. Maybe certain shows have their own rules?
default_smile.png

I love his colour reminds me of squirt, tho each summer I am seeing more grey in him
default_smile.png

Hehe thanks Diane, yeah mini horses you're allowed to clip, just mini ponies you can't lol, I think I'm going to have to wean him early just so he doesn't get too fat lol seriously though would it be better to wean him at 5 months instead of 6/7 because of his weight?

Also how old are they when they should be taken away from mares?

Oh he is just soooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous Cassie!!
default_wub.png

His fluffiness is just his foal coat and no amount of brushing will get him to lose it - until your next Spring when it will shed naturally, our babies are all the same. We never clip the babies here as keeping them rugged all through the winter is too much of a hooha, but then we dont show weanlings either as I feel here are too many possibilities for picking up outside 'germs' for an immature immune system.

As far as weaning is concerned, I think a baby should be at least 4 months old before weaning but preferably over 5 months. We normally leave ours until after Christmas so they are usually 6 months or even older if the mares haven't been bred back in foal, but this year due to circumstances we will be weaning our two in another couple of weeks (5 and 1/2 months).

Keep those pictures coming, he is such a delight, bet he is a cheeky little chap too?

Thank you Anna,

I'm going to try leave them out 24/7 and not give them any hard feed, they'll be in the stable paddock at night so can sleep in the stable if they want to, will see if that helps him lose weight lol

To answer your question Anna, he is cheeky but not naughty... He's a delight in every way
default_smile.png
so easy to rain and do anything with, was going to give him a bath today but I've caught a terrible cold so not feeling up to it maybe on the weekend I'll bath him
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back