Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job with the abscess, and you know all the Aunties are praying like mad here -- and we KNOW what prayer can do.

Pippin, you're headed for recovery and we couldn't be any happier for you.

Give him a BIG snuggle from Auntie Diane, please!

And who couldn't fall in love with that little head!

Last edited:
Cassie unless the farrier can do him laying down I would leave it for now as lifting his hind legs would put weight on his bad foot.

Oh Cassie, poor little Pippin, of course I will be addng my prayers for a fast and successful recovery. Did your vets say what might have caused it.

I'm sorry that I have not been around that much of late but I have been struggling with some health problems with my beloved dog. Sadly late on Saturday evening I decided to make that very difficult decision and she crossed Rainbow Bridge at home with veterinary help. She was my constant companion and we were only separated for around three weeks during her ten years with me. I am competely lost and feel as though half of me has disappeared. So forgive me if for a little while I dont post, but I will continue to check here to read about Pippin's progress and rest assured my sincere prayers will be heading across the miles to him.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Sending ((((HUGS)))) to you too.

Oh Anna, I'm so sorry you were faced with this difficult decision. I had to put my "heart" dog down 2 summers ago, and he's in my mind almost each and every day, and it was a long time before I stopped calling for him. Sending you lots of "{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and love, too, as well as little Pippin.

default_yes.gif

Cassie Ive been in Sydney for a wedding so haven't been on, glad that your little man is going to be ok. An Abscess sure can hide itself well when it puts it mind too it.

Wishing him a quick recovery
default_smile.png

Thank you everyone, Pippin's temp was up at 39.1 last night but dropped back to 38.4 this morning just keeping a close eye on him to make sure his temp doesn't go up today...

Farriers is coming to trim Suzie's hooves, I'm not getting him to trim Pippin but I'll get his help changing the bandage and get him to give me his advice on how he is going etc, will be good to see what he thinks and he will give it a good clean.

Pippin is walking a bit better this morning and is a bit brighter, he's really itchy though we don't know if its just because he's been sweaty due to the temps and he's now itchy or if he could be having a mild reaction to the AB's will see how he is at lunch, if he gets worse I have to let the vets know and they'll come and take a look at him.

our main issue is making sure he keeps improving in his walking and the temps stay down, if he isn't improving we have to go back and do it all again and make sure it hasn't reached the bone.... praying that doesn't happen.

he's looking alot better this morning, so we will see how he is lunch and tonight...

Anna I am soo sorry that you lost your beautiful friend. so heartbreaking. sending many hugs your way! <3
I don't know what I'm going to do when my beautiful Kingston passes away, they really are part of the family and become part of you.

Thoughts and prayers are with you Anna. I hope you are able to remember the many lovely years you have had with your beautiful dog.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Oh Anna my dear friend, I am so very sorry. You don't walk that path alone, we understand and are here for you.

Sending a warm hug

image.jpg

Renee, you started my tear flowing again, but I thank you - that is just so apt and beautiful.

Still saying prayers for little Pippin - please let us know what your farrier says Cassie.

How's little Pippin doing Cassie - please can we have an update!
default_yes.gif

Hope all is well Cassie - we tend to get a bit worried when things go 'silent'. Please get in touch.
default_yes.gif

Hi Everyone,
I am SO SORRY for not updating you sooner, Mum and Dad are away in Europe so its a bit crazy here at the moment, I'm quickly posting this at work in between jobs lol.

Pippin is doing great! all recovered from his abscess thank you God! I finished his last injection the day before my parents left which again Thank you God! as I couldn't give the injection without Dad's help.

I continued the wet poultice for another few days after then he had a dry poultice on to protect his little hoof for about 10 days after that. he now has nothing on his hoof and is doing great!

Except that naughty Finnley yesterday got under the fence into where Suzie and Pippin were (thankfully I was there) they were playing fine until Pippin jumped on the back of Finn (typical foal, Finn was great and just stood there) but Pippin fell off and landed on his side, he was quite wobbly after and a bit shocked. once that wore off he was a bit lame in his leg, so I kept an eye on him and it seemed to get better. he is walking fine just likes to rest it more then normal, I'm thinking he might have just pulled something or corcked his leg, but I'm keeping a close eye on him and if he doesn't improve I'll get the vet out. Finn has been banished to the back paddock I didn't want them in together yet as Pippin was too young, they were fine together, but Pippin hurting himself is the reason why they won't be going back together again till Pippin is older and stronger...
default_smile.png

here are some pictures for you of his first day out after being locked away for a week and a half, they had a great time!

1974242_10153152960039027_5799573307838401111_o.jpg

10560271_10153152959199027_1630157380150999538_o.jpg

10648415_10153152958919027_527732683938025395_o.jpg

10661724_10153152960164027_3913293225982735703_o.jpg

10669271_10153152960219027_2308321924752799626_o.jpg

10683429_10153152959624027_7430509698097033812_o.jpg

So happy all is ok Cassie, wondered why we hadn't heard from you
default_smile.png

He is just lovely. He will break all the girls hearts when he is older lol

and pics from Suzie and Pippins excursion to a new paddock hehe

10648817_10153178276209027_4498550754995188093_o.jpg

10669252_10153178276444027_1070203857529418569_o.jpg

10694414_10153178275269027_2506465912551307947_o.jpg

10710362_10153178275909027_6163419181915665555_o.jpg

image1.jpg

We are almost 100% sure he is silver black... so

name ideas.

what's your picks out of these ones?
Classic K Silver Eclipse
Classic K Dare to dream
Classic K Limited Edition
Classic K Silver Royale
Classic K Silver Legacy
Classic K Quest for Silver
Classic K Silver Sensation
Classic K Precious Silver
Classic K Quicksilver

would love your opinions please?
default_smile.png

10682297_10153178275894027_3180443682363430494_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So happy all is ok Cassie, wondered why we hadn't heard from you
default_smile.png

He is just lovely. He will break all the girls hearts when he is older lol
hehe he's already breaking some girls hearts. I've had some beautiful comments on him at shows and on facebook!

And I had a friend come over who has a 3 years old girl and she wanted to take him home she said to her mum "I can take that pony home can't I mum?" soooo cute! I said no sorry honey, he's not going anywhere! lol

I can't wait to get him out and show him!

Oh and I have trotting pics, he got mummy's trot I'm thinking!
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
:wub

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Also want your opinion on this drawing that I'm doing for my friend for her 21st birthday. its of her beautiful hack (the one that got the nail in his hoof) after about 2 months of trying to fix him and numerous surgeries the infection started eating away at the bone and they had to make the awful decision to put him down. we were all heartbroken.

so this is in memory of him (if its good enough once I finish it of course.)

photo 4.JPG

Glad to hear the little toot is doing better.

Your drawing is lovely, even if you don't think it's perfect, bet your friend will cherish it and the memories.

And, I like Quicksilver

Its great Cassie im sure your friend will be stoked with it when she opens it
default_smile.png

Great Pics of little Pippin, I get the impression that he likes too "play".

Im hopeless with names but seeing him running around , I agree with Chanda "Quicksilver" is gr8
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back