Still pregnant? Normal digestion?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Valley

Reaction score
Megan was definately preggers. I thought. She made a bag and all. I noticed her all trim looking in the pasture, and after a day or so her bag went down somewhat, so I assumed she'd lost it. Never found hard proof. Her former owner said she got small and lost her udder about two weeks before her last foal (six years ago). I waited a couple of weeks, no foal.

Fast forward to today. I had her out brushing her and I wrapped my arms around her and laid my head on her back. My arms were in front of her flanks, where you'd expect to feel a baby move. I felt something in there, and when I pushed from both sides, I felt it more. I asked my Dad to come feel, and he did the same as me, and thought he felt something too. I expressed some amber colored liquid from her teats. So, now, what do I think?

Did she lose it? Is she still preggers? Is this a left over? Are there normal digestive processes that could mimic foal movement? I'd be tickled if she's still making a baby in there. I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Edit: She could still be due until the first week of May, according to the stallion service certs

Stacye

Last edited by a moderator:
all i have to say is that i got my fingers crossed for you stacye!!! :lol: :bgrin

Almost forgot, there is a possiblity that my mare is still pregnant....her belly had a growth spurt this week, again...and she has a lot more loose skin around her bag...oh, AND we felt something in there
default_smile.png
haha i gues i got my fingers crossed for me too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back